B16 SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gooose45

I HAVE A 96 EX, AND A B 16 REDY TO BE SWAPPED THE GUY THAT SOLD ME THE SWAP SAID THAT I WOULD NEED TO UPGRADE MY RADIATOR TO ACCOMIDATE THE B16 SO HE THREW IN THE RADIATOR FROM A GSR, WOULD THIS WORK? WHAT OTHER MODS DO I HAVE TO TO DO TO MY CAR TO PREPARE FOR THE SWAP? ANYONE W/ INFO ABOUT THE RADIATOR SWAP OR RELATED TOPIC FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED. :)

first
caps.jpg

Don't use caps, its annoying as hell to read.

As for the integra raditor, it will work, however, there is a little bit of modification needed, and you can't have AC. If you want AC but better cooling, go with either a Del sol VTEC dual core raditor or an aftermarket raditor. If you don't care about AC, your going to have to fabricate brackets for the top and bottom mounts.

:werd: My CRX HF radiator works just fine with my B16, although I havn't run it for long periods of time at high rpms, I've NEVER seen my thermo gauge go above the half way point, even when racing.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 2 2004, 11:25 AM
Whoever told you, you needed to "Upgrade" is an idiot. The Stock civic Radiator will work very well.
[post=410649]Quoted post[/post]​

the guy that i bought the swap from threw in the radiator from a 95 gsr, he said i would have to upgrade it in order for the ac to work, but ur saying that the stock rad from my 96 civic would work w/ my swap w/o sacrificing the ac? :blink:

Yea, becuase in a 92-00 Civic the Radiator and AC condensor set next to each other...

or get like an autozone replacement radiator... get the 94-96 del sol vtec one, dual core. i'm using an integra radiator in mine right now, but like asmallsol said there is some custom fabbing to be done, namely the upper and lower mounts.

Originally posted by B16@Nov 4 2004, 03:22 PM
or get like an autozone replacement radiator... get the 94-96 del sol vtec one, dual core.  i'm using an integra radiator in mine right now, but like asmallsol said there is some custom fabbing to be done, namely the upper and lower mounts.
[post=412162]Quoted post[/post]​

i mean i got both the gsr and the stock ex rad. i would like to use the one in the car right now if i could , but some people say yes, some say no.i dont want to sacifice the a.c. does this swap require a different rad? if so why? :huh:

no, you can use your stock one

did a b16a2 swap into a 96 civic dx, then a b18c5 swap into a del sol vtec

Originally posted by B16@Nov 6 2004, 11:56 PM
did a b16a2 swap into a 96 civic dx, then a b18c5 swap into a del sol vtec
[post=413306]Quoted post[/post]​

when you did the b16 swap, was it a direct drop in or did you have to change anything? did you use the stock rad? :unsure:

needed the b16 mounts and shift linkage. used the same radiator, but used b16 radiator hoses.

yup

my gsr civic used the stock radiator and never had any problems

unless you live on the venus, you shouldn't have cooling issues with your stock radiator

Originally posted by B16@Nov 12 2004, 02:50 PM
needed the b16 mounts and shift linkage. used the same radiator, but used b16 radiator hoses.
[post=416045]Quoted post[/post]​

i got the shift linkage, and the axles were thrown in, is it possible to use the stock mounts, are the b16 rad hoses necessary?

Originally posted by gooose45+Nov 14 2004, 04:00 AM-->
@Nov 12 2004, 02:50 PM
needed the b16 mounts and shift linkage.  used the same radiator, but used b16 radiator hoses.

i got the shift linkage, and the axles were thrown in, is it possible to use the stock mounts, are the b16 rad hoses necessary?
[post=416647]Quoted post[/post]​

i always replace radiator hoses if i do a swap.

Originally posted by B16+Nov 15 2004, 10:40 AM-->
Originally posted by gooose45@Nov 14 2004, 04:00 AM
B16
@Nov 12 2004, 02:50 PM
needed the b16 mounts and shift linkage.  used the same radiator, but used b16 radiator hoses.

[post=416647]Quoted post[/post]​

i always replace radiator hoses if i do a swap.
[post=417092]Quoted post[/post]​

do the axles need to be upgraded also?

Back