b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gooose45

hey guys i got this b16a2 that im gonna drop into my 96 civ. how do i up the hp to say around 200hp (i now that this ainght shit but its a start) w/o messing with the internals or throwing in a turbo or nos. can this be accomplished with basic bolt-ons? any suggestions? :huh:

not practical as well as not possible. cheaper to go inside or strap up a turbo. gotta ask though, why dont you wanna turbo it or mess with the internals.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Nov 5 2004, 12:32 AM
not practical as well as not possible. cheaper to go inside or strap up a turbo. gotta ask though, why dont you wanna turbo it or mess with the internals.
[post=412435]Quoted post[/post]​

From what I have read, 160whp seems pretty possible. However, that comes out to roughly 180-185hp. I am shooting for this number, seeing as how in a 1993 CX that should be good for at least low 14s, if not better.

Jon

dont let anyone tell u something "isnt possible" unless its just a dumb question or goal...

Example : b16a2 with potential to have 200 hp? POSSIBLE

why? because if u get the SIR b16...u are already at 170...it doesnt matter if its to the wheels..the block..its still 170...now lets see here :

B16 Sir II = 170 hp
Cold air intake = lets say 5 to 7 (being minimums) hp (bolt on)
Bored out Throttle body = 5 min. to 10 hp (bolt on)
aftermarket intake manifold = anywhere from 10 to 15 hp (bolt on)
Headers = anywhere from 5 to 10 hp (bolt on)
Full Catback exhaust system with high flow catalytic converter = anywhere from 10 to 15 hp (bolt on)
Upgraded ECU = 5 to 7 hp (basically bolt on)

Now even though those are rough estimates,they are proven to add horsepower (as well as a little bit of torque for some) to whatever applications...sometimes small..sometimes larger than what i put..but i GUARANTEE..if u bolt on all that shit i just listed..u will reach 200 hp.

Quality intake, header, exhaust, cams, cam gears, good tuning- that can take a B16 to 200hp at the crank. If you're willing to go inside the engine and drop in lighter pistons/rods, raise the compression and port the head, you might even be able to break 200whp.

i hope we're talking at the crank cal, i wasted a shit ton of money on my b16 and it never saw higher than 162 whp. and that had an ITR TB, CTR cams, cam gears, hondata, ITR intake manifold, aem cai, shitty dc header and thermal exhaust

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 5 2004, 02:51 AM
dont let anyone tell u something "isnt possible" unless its just a dumb question or goal...

Example : b16a2 with potential to have 200 hp? POSSIBLE

why? because if u get the SIR b16...u are already at 170...it doesnt matter if its to the wheels..the block..its still 170...now lets see here :

B16 Sir II = 170 hp
Full Catback exhaust system with high flow catalytic converter = anywhere from 10 to 15 hp (bolt on)

Now even though those are rough estimates,they are proven to add horsepower (as well as a little bit of torque for some) to whatever applications...sometimes small..sometimes larger than what i put..but i GUARANTEE..if u bolt on all that shit i just listed..u will reach 200 hp.
[post=412439]Quoted post[/post]​

PUT THE SUPER STREET DOWN, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE IMPORT TUNER!

Seriously though, you are out of your fucking mind. Read through my sig... I'll be LUCKY to put down 190-200 wheel hp. And that's with pistons, cams, springs, retainers, intake manifold, tb, injectors, port and polish, valve job, cold air, header, exhaust, and VAFC.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Nov 5 2004, 02:49 PM-->
@Nov 5 2004, 02:51 AM

B16 Sir II = 170 hp
[post=412439]Quoted post[/post]​

PUT THE SUPER STREET DOWN, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE IMPORT TUNER!
[post=412631]Quoted post[/post]​

:D

It can be done. In fact it has been done. There is a a post in the power forms about Omniman making 203whp on a b16a2, with a stock bottom end. He even has a site where he has posted all his mods. The main thing is a good port and polish, cams that can rev to 9500rpm, oversized valves, a good valve job, valve seats, valve guides, ITR LCAs, good intake manifold, big bore throtle body, beefy valve train (they obviously used Omnipower springs and retainers), Hondata, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump. There was a lot of time and money invested into that car. It is do able and the cool thing about doing this is, all you have to after this is build up a bigger bottom end and you have a built motor for the most part and it is done in stages to save cash.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 5 2004, 08:45 AM
i hope we're talking at the crank cal, i wasted a shit ton of money on my b16 and it never saw higher than 162 whp. and that had an ITR TB, CTR cams, cam gears, hondata, ITR intake manifold, aem cai, shitty dc header and thermal exhaust
[post=412460]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you go inside? If you're not going to go inside the engine, then 200hp at the crank is probably about as high as you can go. 200whp can be done with higher compression, port work, good tuning and some luck. :)

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 5 2004, 06:03 PM
i never said shit about at the wheels...he said 200 hp period...so kiss my black dick faggots :)
[post=412862]Quoted post[/post]​

It seemed like you were doing some "ricer math", so ease up e-thug.

Originally posted by JohnnyWash1+Nov 5 2004, 10:59 PM-->
@Nov 5 2004, 06:03 PM
i never said shit about at the wheels...he said 200 hp period...so kiss my black dick faggots :)

[post=412932]Quoted post[/post]​

it seems like your a noob,and an idiot..so dont even type towards the same thread im looking at.

Originally posted by CRXSI91+Nov 5 2004, 11:04 PM-->
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1@Nov 5 2004, 10:59 PM
CRXSI91

it seems like your a noob,and an idiot..so dont even type towards the same thread im looking at.
[post=412982]Quoted post[/post]​

So post count = intelligence? If that's the case, you hardly have a case....

Originally posted by CRXSI91+Nov 6 2004, 01:04 AM-->
CRXSI91

1991 "Mugen" Crx Si

Injen Race Division Cold air intake

very slow for right now.

someone with that for a sig shouldnt talk about noobs. and threatening people on the internet is kind of like taking a crx with an intake to the track...absolutely pointless and a waste of time

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Nov 6 2004, 02:23 AM-->
Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 6 2004, 01:04 AM
CRXSI91

1991 "Mugen" Crx Si

Injen Race Division Cold air intake

very slow for right now.

someone with that for a sig shouldnt talk about noobs. and threatening people on the internet is kind of like taking a crx with an intake to the track...absolutely pointless and a waste of time
[post=413005]Quoted post[/post]​

no ones threatening anyone..i said,if he cant get his shit strait,he needs not type in the same thread as me...but just because i only have a air intake doesnt mean i dont know my shit...maybe im trying to establish a career..instead of being a lifeless idiot,who thinks hes "cool" cus he did everything on his car "himself"...and obviously,that fits your description...and criticizing other people's cars,is like quoting the simpsons in a signature..instead of having intelligent quotes that apply to everyday life..your dumbass is quoting a tv show,made for insubordinate mindless idiots,who have admiration for tv characters who have no brain cells...quote something in your sig that has meaning to everyday life..or even maybe a car...and then maybe ill "Hook" my car up some more,just for your stupid ass...have a nice day :lol: DOH! ;)

Originally posted by JohnnyWash1+Nov 6 2004, 01:35 AM-->
Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 5 2004, 11:04 PM
CRXSI91

So post count = intelligence? If that's the case, you hardly have a case....
[post=412992]Quoted post[/post]​

post count doesnt mean intelligence...being me,means intelligence..and being u,means ignorance..theres a big difference..but u couldnt tell...your not smart enough to be able to.

Back