B16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

It appears that the throtlle cable on my d-series will not fit with the brackets on the B-series. The length between the bracket and the throttle bellcrank are substantially different. I think I can make a bracket to make it work. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. :shrug2:

Reply I did and made a bracket and it worked fine. Someone gave me a bracket a couple weeks ago that fit, but we were unsure what it came from maybe one of the other guys can help on that. But making a bracket works.

Hmm.. I got throttle cable from B series, and hed it swapped aswell.. bracket thingie might work tho B)

It is a common problem.
I'm pretty sure HCP Engineering sells an aftermarket throttle bracket.

Thanks guys...I was just curious, I have been following this site for a while and havn't seen it mentioned. I think I will fab up a bracket. I don't want to wait for one in the mail.

agreed.

b series throttle cable, do you have a close up pic of your fuel rail by chance? sometimes there is another concern with the fuel pressure regulator and the IAT sensor both wanting to be over the same cyliner, 3 if i remember correctly.

do you have the correct shift linkage?

I ziptied mine till I got a Delsol vtec cable.

I just drilled four holes in a piece of 1/8 plate to move the bracket. Worked great. I think it took me less time to fab the part then it would have taken to order one.

Back