B16 Tech Questions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

i changed my spark plugs and there was water/coolant in three of the spark plug holes...whats up with that? i got it from osaka and i finished putting it into my rex but i havnt started it up yet..still need to do a couple more things..could it be from the shipping or what? also does anyone have any pics on where to fill the tranny up with fluid?

when i get done puttin the axles and shit back together should i try and startin it up?i think i probably will..if i do what should i look for? also i need to fill the tranny with fluid anyone know where to fill it?

you dont like osaka? why? too late for me got the motor in gotta make it work now..if it is a blown gasket do you think anything else could be messed up?

ya thanks..i could use a little more info please...this swap has been a grip of work i hope it works..do you think i can just change the gasket or could a blown gasket cause anything else to go wrong?

Originally posted by kingwilly@Jun 7 2003, 10:54 AM
ya thanks..i could use a little more info please...this swap has been a grip of work i hope it works..do you think i can just change the gasket or could a blown gasket cause anything else to go wrong?

the head gasket could of blown on it's own but who knows unless you ask osaka (yeah like that will work lol)...change it along with your water pump and timing belt...while you pull head off rotate your motor and check your pistons...if you don't know the proper torque specs and the proper way to pull the head off i suggest having someone who knows how to do it help you...someone on here's knows exactly what to do...just ask

when you pull the head i suggest milling it.

and then get an OEM headgasket...and try again.

first i'd see how it runs though...

ya good info..ill do those things..i hope i dont have to mill it...

its cheap..

just mill it like .003 or something to clean it up.. or .020" if you want to bump the compression

thanks for the info everyone...ill probably just scrape the old gasket off if i have to then slap on the new one..i got another problem,the bottom thread on one of my ball joints is messed up and the castle nut wont go on straight..any tips for that?

i got a blown head gasket too on my jdm b16...its leaking oil....but not a lot...and the motor is blowing white/greyish smoke. I know its burning oil...but i don't know if its me adding too much oil or not..cause the dipstick i'm using is from a gsr and not a b16. is there a difference? I'm planning to replace my headgasket next week, and get a b16 dipstick from HONDA. But i got to know if there is a difference in the length of the dipstick of gsr and b16.

Back