B16 throwing 3 and 7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

screwmesa

Throwing 3 and 7, thats map and throotle angle sensor right? I put a tps from the stock d15 in and still throws the code...i don't want to buy a new throttle body, where can i get just the sensor? and how do i fix the map sensor?

codes 3 and 5 are both map sensor problems. i just fixed my code 5 yesterday. i think they say that 5 is vacuum and 3 might mean that u need a new sensor. i think. double check your vacuum lines to make sure that they are ran right. do a search in this forum and just type vacuum. it should give a few results. check all the threads. on one thread someone posted a color picture/diagram of the lines and where they go. over the picture it says d16a.com but that site is down. that picture is what i used to correct my code 5.

as far as the 7 goes, i did the same thing and took the tps sensor off of my stock si and am throwing the same code. all i can think of is that it is just not the same piece for the b16 and is sending the wrong info to the ecu. i am going to pull a tps sensor from an integra at a junk yard and see if that will work.

the tps is one of those little things that is so small but it will make the car run like shit because the ecu doesn't know if the throttle is wide open or closed.

i reset the ecu and the map sensor (code 3) is gone, and all vacuum lines match up... where can i get a new tps sensor?

go to the junk yard and pull one off of an integra. there's a trick to getting them off though. you got to use a cutting tool to cut a slit into the rivet looking things that is holding it in place. then use a flat head screw driver to unscrew it.

i heard that the d15 tps should work on a b16, am i just not installing it right? how do you install one anyhow? the litttle black arm goes in between the two metal prongs correct?

thats exactly what i did, but then again it isnt working for me either. i talked to a guy and he said that all i might have to do is adjust it. i found directions on how to test it. let me see if i can post them.

Back