b16 timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

hey guys i got my b16 in and it is running i took it on a quick spin around the block felt good and all but when i got home i heard and felt a thumping sound from the engine i opened the hood and listen and it was coming for the timing belt area. i took the valve cover off and the top half of the timing belt cover off and the timing belt was so loose i was in shock i took a 14mm and went for the tensioner and it was rock hard tight and it didn't move can someone please tell me what i can do about this problem thanks guys

i would think if your tensioner is tight and your belt is still loose, then you bought the wrong belt. or you ran it wrong. how much slack is there? if you fix the problem, dont forget to re check the timing. im sure its off again.

Originally posted by wickedplastikman@Nov 7 2004, 03:41 AM
i would think if your tensioner is tight and your belt is still loose, then you bought the wrong belt. or you ran it wrong. how much slack is there? if you fix the problem, dont forget to re check the timing. im sure its off again.
[post=413334]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it is off i put it back but the problem is not the belt it is the tensioner for some reason i can't get the screw to go in straight but i think if i start over like take the belt off realign everything and put the screw in right i should be good that is the only thing stopping me from get my civic back on the road good looking out tho if you have any pointers let me know, o and yes the belt says on it pr3 and my engine is a pr3 so i am sure that the belt does match..

Back