B16 to replace a B18A1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, we would have just gotten a long block but his tranny DOES blow donkey dick. Syncros are all messed up and you get frustrated trying to shift it normal and having it grind gears. I like the B20 idea though, props on that one. The thing we ran into is why pay near $800 for a new engine with shipping when you could pay $400 more and get a WHOLE b16 swap with a closer geared tranny and all the VTEC goodies to boot. <_< This way all we'll really need is a B20 block, we can reuse the B16 pistons and we'll have already wiring it for VTEC. Thanks for the help guys, lots of different opinions here. I'll keep you posted.

P.S-Dont' walk behind old people in Albertsons', i'm still trying to get the fart smell out of my jeans from some lady busting ass in front of me last nite. Heed my warning :rant: I'm still a little disturbed over the whole thing.....

either way i really don't care, cuz i'm gunna pull one of those move like:
"hey man, you've really been working hard. why don't you and my buddy go get some food. here's a $20, on me man."
"thanks man!"

and while his ass is gone, I'm getting myself a B18A longblock for $20. :ph34r: I'm saving him garage space guys :D

Back