b16 trans on my ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok guys i just about finished my rebuild. i have had a couple speed bumbs in my rebuild but im good now, im wondering cause my dog teeth on my second and 3rd gear are fucked along with the blocking rings, so i want to run an LSD trans but i dont wanna buy a 1200 dollar lsd unit and slap it in my car. im wondering if there are any tranies that will bolt right up to the b18 block ls and use the same mounts, (mounts are not too important)

Originally posted by matts91hatchls@Dec 7 2004, 03:24 PM
ok guys i just about finished my rebuild. i have had a couple speed bumbs in my rebuild but im good now, im wondering cause my dog teeth on my second and 3rd gear are fucked along with the blocking rings, so i want to run an LSD trans but i dont wanna buy a 1200 dollar lsd unit and slap it in my car. im wondering if there are any tranies that will bolt right up to the b18 block ls and use the same mounts, (mounts are not too important)
[post=427790]Quoted post[/post]​

any b series tranny will work
some are hydro some are cable
get the one that matches your set up

Check into a JDM S1, short geared. Or J1, also short geared. JDM YS1 were offered with LSD. Check w/Hmotorsonline.com

Originally posted by matts91hatchls@Dec 7 2004, 03:24 PM
[post=427790]Quoted post[/post]​

yea use a b16 tranny you will notice a big difference over the ls tranny

with this new setup im hoping for mid 14s with my roll cage
i was 15.2 with my cage and a full fuel cell and wieghing in at 2240 with me in it

lsvtec is in the future. im just trying to figure out all this shit first

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 10 2004, 03:43 AM
lso the gsr tranny's from the b17's .. the cable ones those are good tranny but i am not sure if those came with lsd or not .. :unsure:

no they didnt

Back