b16 troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys i got a b16 swap done at the end of august.......and i had gotten a CEL, it was a code 3, so i replaced and inspected all the vacuum lines, redid all of them so there all good. I also just got a map sensor from a 90LS in a junkyard and put that on yesterday and it still is giving me a code 3, so i don't get what the problem is?? The only other thing i can think of that it could be is the ecu itself, or the wiring........can anybody help me??

i've done that numerous times.......however usually i've been workin on the car and left the neg. battery cable off for like half hour or something, is that ok for resetting or no?? And yes the car is running like crap, i get half the gas mileage i should, it idles at 250rpm and sometimes bounces up and down on idle, but this is all due to the code 3 map sensor, however i don't think it is the map sensor, plus i just changed it so wtf, so let me know what u guys think.

can you give me more details on how it runs?i will try to help if you let me get a hit off your crackpipe..hehe..no really let me get a hit

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 25 2003, 11:51 PM
can you give me more details on how it runs?i will try to help if you let me get a hit off your crackpipe..hehe..no really let me get a hit

crackpipe? lol, bowlpipe man, lol anyway it don't even matter how it runs man....i just need reasons why the ecu is throwing a code 3.......the car is running like crap cuz its code 3 map sensor......just let me know

what kind of car do you have?did you get the hasport vtec wire harness?maybe chaeck your fuses or could be something isnt grounded..you know how the pos cable from your battery goes to the fuse box do you have a ground going to the terminal right next to it?when you say it runs like crap what does that mean?

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 26 2003, 06:26 PM
what kind of car do you have?did you get the hasport vtec wire harness?maybe chaeck your fuses or could be something isnt grounded..you know how the pos cable from your battery goes to the fuse box do you have a ground going to the terminal right next to it?when you say it runs like crap what does that mean?

91 integra GS with a b16 swap
Everything in the swap was done right, vtec hooked up right.......but for some reason i'm getting a code 3, and i've already redone the whole vacuum system and replaced the map sensor(which is code 3) so wtf?? Only other thing i know to check is the wires from the map sensor, and then if not the ecu......anybody else know anything? And before i put in the jdm ecu my mechanic was runnin the car on the old ecu and there were no codes, so now i'm thinkin maybe its the ecu itself cuz now its throwing a code 3, somebody else let me know what you think.

Back