B16 Turbo Build Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Specc

I want 9.0:1 CR .. i am currently having my block sleeved... was wondering the best route .. keep it at 81mm bore when they are done sleeving it or bring it to 84 mm bore ? i know 81 obviously thicker walls ... but would the thinner walls be that much of a trade off for the gain of the larger bore ? suggestions?

then with that said .. whats the best for value valvetrain to use with a turbo build @ 9.0:1 cr ? + on intake + on exhaust valves? they are going to start working on my head as soon as i can figure out what it is i want ... i see std comp valves and high comp valves... whats the difference ? i plan on running gsr cams .. so with all of that... what valve train should i go with .. anyone have specifics ? and possibly a why i should go that route...

thanks

Go with 84mm. You'll still have tons of wall strength, better cooling, and more displacement for more power with less boost.

how much power are you looking for?

as for the valvetrain. i have heard of the company, just not heard anything good or bad about them.

Quoted post[/post]]
how much power are you looking for?

as for the valvetrain. i have heard of the company, just not heard anything good or bad about them.

well i would like to put a valvetrain in there that i dont have to upgrade for a while... i only plan on 250 - 300 hp now .. but would like it to be able to support 500 .

hell, sleeving is barley necissary for 250 hp... 500hp, definitely recommended for you to sleeve.

i usually recommend people go with manley valvetrains since its what ive sold and its what i know. GSR cams will definitely work well for your turbo...i wouldnt even upgrade them later on...unless you think 5 hp is worth 500 bucks.

Back