b16 turbo build question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'll probably go for somewhere around the 230whp mark

with stock stuff u should be able to run 7-8 psi easy i did it on a B18A1 for 4years and its been my daily ride since then

see the reason im askin in psi , is i know this turbo is gonna force alot more air at 7psi than say a smaller turbo im askin boost number because i want to know whats safe as far as boost wise on stock internals with the super 60? the place tuning sound slike a very trust worthy tuner or atleast i hope so lol

how much slack is okay side to side on the turbo shaft??

my t3 super 60 has shaft play side to side not a whole lot but still makes me uncomfortable, should i go with a mitsubishi turbo, i mean are they good for the power im tryin to produce and how can i retain my power steering and ac with the t3

i have two sets of injectors in the garage which would suite my power goals i have bosch 30lb 310cc injectors and i have a set of USRT 42lb 440cc injectors?

ask your tuner about the injectors, sorry i dont know. i myself wouldnt be comfortable buying an ebay manifold unless it's a brand that has a reputable background and is forthcomming about their manufacturing techniques.

the tuner i've contacted said they don't dyno tune since this is a mild build said they could make the map with all my info . turbo injectors psi does it sound like they know what they're talking about?

no go elsewhere. a dyno tune isnt required, but a tune that involves running the car and modifying values based on the car's output IS required. you could have it street tuned, use the butt dyno. but no, i would have it dyno tuned. they sound like most ebay chips.

i tell ya what its hard i haven't found but 1 tuner within a few hours of where i live
this place told me he head been dealing with crome for quite some time and tuned a boosted b18 making 300whp and the guy has drove it daily for a year now with no problems

that's cool. tell him use the dyno or dont accept your business then. atleast he's got experiance with honda motors.

where about do you live? i'm in northwest indiana and there aint shit for tuners around. i'm gonna have to have it flatbedded to chicago or further outskirts to get it tuned when i rebuild mine.

im in the southwest virginia area so really west virginia and NC arent too far off .... but im havin a hard time finding someone i want this done right the first time

oh deffinatlly. i would take the time and almost interview each tuner to see if he's qualified with past experiance with honda motors or particularly your motor, and forced induction.

check this list of dealers here, which also tune, from Hondata's site...
Dealers

they tune, so i'd check them out. dont necessarily have to use hondata...

if i go with hondata which stage should i go with?? and if i go with hondata how hard is it to do minor adjustments yourself from a laptop?

i have a friend who says he could tune my ecu with hondata and there is a local dyno to use...this sound safe

if you are willin to drive some distance you can try Custom Car Care in Yorktown, VA. These guys specialize in hondas and nissans, build cars for racing, and do dyno tuning. usually there is a two 2 three week wait to get any kind of work done and maybe longer to get a tune. these guys also race in the local area. people bring cars in from all over to get tuned. give them a call. i have used them personally and they have a website customcarcareva.com. i hope this helps you.

unless your friend has experiance tuning, i wouldnt let him touch it. stock internals are pretty high compression. so you want a real good tune. keep looking.

hondata S300. period. no stages. S300 is the current version and they've done away with stages. it has boost capability. just look at hondata's site!! they also have a list of tuners!! (also dealers!!)

Back