b16 turbo build question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not tryin to be difficult but what exactly is so hard about tuning a car?

you have many variables that can be changed to allow or prevent the creation of power. setting your timing incorrect causes the spark to happen too early or too late resulting in excess heat and wear. but you still might get a full burn so the a/f seems ok. a good tune will dictate how long your motor is going to last. a good tune wont be too lean that it starts creating excess heat or too rich that it's missing out on power. the ignition advance must be set accordingly. add cam overlap into the equation if you have adjustable cam gears. fuel pressure should probably be modified some to create the right amount of flow and not put to much stress on the injectors or be so leanient that the accuracy of flow is affected.

it's something complicated that can easily be screwed up. and it's probably the most important thing you need to do to a modified motor.

Hey Gary, how old are you man? I take it this is your first build? Best of luck.

i appreciate the help guys i've found a tuner in greensburo off the hondata website they seem like a good place...... I'm 20 btw its not my first build its my first honda build i've built vws and all the places for them came with pre programmed e-proms

Back