B16 turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

Hey, I am looking to turbo my B16. I am thinking just a slight turbo (5-6psi) that is cheap and comes in a kit. I am new to the turbo, I was thinking supercharger, but that is 2 expensive. I am going to install all myself, and I know my way around a motor, but i still have a couple of questions. 1) do I need to have an intercooler or can I get by without one? 2)are there any complete cheap kits that run under 2k? 3) Any heads up? I want this to be a daily driver. 4) what management shit do I need for fuel? thanks everyone

Darin

Don't buy a kit, peice together your own. USE AN INTERCOOLER for its low price you'll be satisfied (ebay).

Heres a list of what you will need:
Turbo (get a t3)
intercooler (dsm will work)
BOV (you don't need it but its a safety thing, and is for longevity of the turbo)
Piping (custom piping is neccasary)
Injectors (DSM will also work)
FMU (ebay)
Manifold (revhard)
missing link (ebay)

I know I'm forgeting something, But all that can be had for under 2k, and will defenitly be able to be daily driven, i say up the boost to about 7-8 psi though. i can't even estimate the numbers you'll get but maybe 250.
As I said DSM injecotrs and a FMU will work fine, as long as you use the missing link, or you can buy hondata and some DSm injecotrs.

def gonna need something to tune it all. cheapset thing i can think of would be an safc or an vafc. Also gonna need a wastegate, along with a misc of fittings vacumm lines, and steel braded lines

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 25 2003, 12:50 PM
sleeper, what condition is yours in, and I'll give u 125 shppied

no shaft play at all. it's a little dirty but it's completely rebuilt and has the waste gate on it.

$150 plus shipping.

Back