b16 vs b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldeneggroll

i have a 95 civic and am going to do a swap in the future. for a turb application down the road which would be better a b18 or b16 and what r the advantages with each engine? my buddy also has a 95 with an h22 with an h23 tranny and smokes gsr's but i would like a/c with a turbo if possible

either one can be turbo'd as easily as the other
either one can make way more power than you have a realistic use for
either one will hold the power as reliably as the other

so honestly just pick whatever one you want
it really doesnt matter

Quoted post[/post]]
b18b cheaper than b16a2 cheaper than b18c1/c5
with a b18c and a b16a2 is the torque a major differnce in the b18c, ive heard that the b16 is quicker in the lower gears and the b18 is better in the higher gears, and how would the b16 and b18 bette or worse then a ls vtec

You have to build the ls/vtec.
But you manage to produce more torque, and since you build up the engine they generally produce more hp.

nice thing is you can get gobs more torque.
lots of times these are recommended for if you have a b16 setup, then you slap the b18b bottom end on there.

B18b1 has a 9.1:1 compression ratio which works well for turbo aplications
this isn't to say that a type r engine won't handle 7-8psi as well as it's non-vtec counterpart.

it all comes down to
what are you goals and budget?

yeah u could buy a b20, then if u pulled up next to me ud get smoked. if u dont have vtec or u arent turbod, chances are u wont keep up. if your budget is tight go with b16 turbo. if u have money to spend do ls/vtec, or even turbo. once u go vtec, ull always own vtec.

ps- if u buy a b16 make sure its a jdm b16 aka b16a. if the code says b16a1 dont let people try and tell u its jdm. if it has a number after it, its usdm.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah u could buy a b20, then if u pulled up next to me ud get smoked. if u dont have vtec or u arent turbod, chances are u wont keep up. if your budget is tight go with b16 turbo. if u have money to spend do ls/vtec, or even turbo. once u go vtec, ull always own vtec.

ps- if u buy a b16 make sure its a jdm b16 aka b16a. if the code says b16a1 dont let people try and tell u its jdm. if it has a number after it, its usdm.
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow that was funny

you obviously dont know a fucking thing

a well built LS or B20 engine will hang right with ANY VTEC engine (and will cost less overall to build up)
news flash.... VTEC is for fuel economy, nothing more

and another thing... just because it has a number after it, doesnt mean that its USDM....a B16A1 isnt USDM its EDM as was the B16A5.... there are plenty of EDM engines out there (many actually have better specs then your precious JDM engines)

please go do some research before you come in here spreading bullshit around
KthnxBye

Quoted post[/post]]
You have to build the ls/vtec.
But you manage to produce more torque, and since you build up the engine they generally produce more hp.

nice thing is you can get gobs more torque.
lots of times these are recommended for if you have a b16 setup, then you slap the b18b bottom end on there.

B18b1 has a 9.1:1 compression ratio which works well for turbo aplications
this isn't to say that a type r engine won't handle 7-8psi as well as it's non-vtec counterpart.

it all comes down to
what are you goals and budget?

if i was planning on spnding 6000.00 for an engine swap what would be the best engine for a turbo down the road

Quoted post[/post]]

Interesting, I wish you lived in my city because I would love to pull up next to you in my nonVtec Civic and hand that ass to you. Don't underestimate the potential of a nonVtec motor. I have left a lot of Vtec equipped cars behind me and as well as hung with GSRs on the highway so like E_SolSi said, go do some more research on them (www.nonvtec.com).

Back