b16 vs b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you want torque, than you want a H22a , they make 200hp and 160 trq, highest torque of all the v tech engines

there are some k series that has more torque than the h but the h does have enough to get her done lol

As long as you don't mind cutting up your car under the factory shifter and beating a hole in the engine bay to make the engine fit...

h2b

i say if he wants great gear ratio and alot of HP STOCK.do a H2B=]
its a H22 enigne with a B-series transmission, most common the b16 tranny..
they sell a convertion plate comes with axles and motor mounts flywheel spacer and everything for less then $1,500..
and u can buy a used b16 tranny (hydrolic)for about $300-$600
and a h22 engine for $800-$1,200

he only thing that has to be moded form your car will have to be the hood.. itll have to be raised about 2-3 inches..

PM me.. ill give u more info..
ive done conversion H2B without the conversion plates that they sell online..
i charge 1,000.. but everything come out 100% legit.. i can get you any piece you want drop it it and have you running

ive thought about h series motor. i have a cousin who has been driving honda's alot longer than me and says the h series has given him nothing but trouble. sayin the bore to stroke ratio is horible. idt h22 rev as high either and that is one of my main reasons to get a b18

The H22 revs to 7400rpm.. it makes a lot more torque than the B series, but the B18 is a much easier swap.

i thought the h22 reved to like 6500 or something, how much work would it be to swap it. i mean money wise mounting kits and what not?

you can do a swap for about 2200 bucks, thats everything,. and yes it rev to 7000rpm+

Yeah they are cheaper than a B series.. if you can handle doing the swap it's a much faster alternative. I put an H22 in my friend's Accord using the stock trans with stupid long (slow) gears, and it walked on my modified GSR after we were finished. They are just as reliable as well.. I don't know what happened with your cousin but they're definitely not a weak or problematic engine.

ok so if the h22 is just as easy, how come i always here people sayin how much better the b series r. does the h22 take more money in the end to produce alot of power or what?

ok so if the h22 is just as easy, how come i always here people sayin how much better the b series r. does the h22 take more money in the end to produce alot of power or what?
no a stock h22a will beat the piss out of all the b series motors even the ones with mild bolt ons ,ppl just dont like them because there heavier and it takes a bit more money if you want ac. and power steering.

Yeah.. did you not read what I wrote above about how a bone stock H22a killed my modified GSR?

ok instead of asking all these annoying questions that would prolly get on everyones nerves could someone point me to the right thread as to how to do the swap to make it all work?

Swap for which engine? There are 3 mentioned so far in the thread that have different procedures to install. We'll help you if you let us know what you're thinking about doing :)

i don't know exactly what i want, ive driven my buddies gsr and i liked the torque that thing put out. but u say the h22 has alot more and im sure the torque is awesome. the problem is that i have never done an engine swap on my own, ive helped friends put in nissan motors and other honda motors but ive never done a b or h series swap. i think i get the concept of the b series swap. so i don't need ne advice on that one i don't think. what im concerned about is the h22 swap. how would i get the p/s and a/c back?

i don't know exactly what i want, ive driven my buddies gsr and i liked the torque that thing put out. but u say the h22 has alot more and im sure the torque is awesome. the problem is that i have never done an engine swap on my own, ive helped friends put in nissan motors and other honda motors but ive never done a b or h series swap. i think i get the concept of the b series swap. so i don't need ne advice on that one i don't think. what im concerned about is the h22 swap. how would i get the p/s and a/c back?
the very first swap i ever done was a h22a in a ek hatch, back in the day and i done it all by myself in the drive way,but to keep ac and power steering you will have to fab your on brackets or buy them im sure ebay has them

if you have a del sol the AC is easy, you take off the roof and floor it. I miss my sol....

I had a light flywheel and stage 2 exedy clutch ans I/H/E on my Z6 del-sol and it was plenty fast, about the same as my B16 rex I have now.

ok quick question. i was trying to stuff my head full of honda knowledge by going all over the net and reading about motors and swaps and what not. i can't remember the web site, but one person mentioned the fact that h22 are an unpopular swap to do in my year sol/civic due to the fact that the intake mani. is taller than the be series and you would have to fabricate a hood or take it off....is that true???

Back