b16 vs b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sk2 pro springs, retainers and valves, sk2 tuner stage 2 cams, sk2 cam gears, mild port and polish, sk2 pro ported intake mani with port matched tb, msd setup, crome pro, obd2-obd1 conversion w/ p28, tri-y headers insulation wrapped, 2 3/4" exhaust, hondata intake gasket, milled deck, rc 550 injectors, fuel rail, walbro 255, some other goodies here or there. 210 is what im shootin for, be nice to see those numbers, but.. gonna be hard being that im trying to keep it some-what streetable with the stage 2 cams and mild port. some of that parts are going on right after the motor gets dropped in but, some will come in spring like the port n polish rc 550's fuel pump and valve train upgrades. fidanza flywheel and stage 2 exedy clutch, i would like to put in ctr pistons and eagle rods, but thats getting excessive. not gonna do it unless i end up jacking up the motor in the near future.

im beating up myself right now trying to get this f'n thing in the car. i wanna go berserk on the mods but just dont have the cash right now...

itll be one quick runnin civic, short of going boost or losing all daily driveability really. im just starting to get into the performance side of things. i've always been about show and sound but not the go. now im dumping the sound and going for the go.

this is prolly off my topic of engines cause its a suspension question, but my buddy has coil overs from iss 00 civic he is willing to sell me real cheap if not give me. question is, would it fit onto my 95 sol or not, and if so, what is the plus/negative of doing so. he told me it made the civic jumpy as hell, would it help steering and cornering??

GSR b18c1 all the way buddy, ls vtc people say it cheap but it how long u want your motor to last really ls vtec can be ebten and last a wile beacsue u pu lot of money in it or no beacsue u did not put mony into it

suspention should work fine... the only place you may run into problems is with the shocks... i know the springs on the civic and del are the same, but i belive the shocks are a little diferent... but if you planon swapping anyways, you should spend the money on new shocks, esecially if you want to race, there are alot of companies that make a good, affordable ajustable shock, so you can get rid of the bounce on race day and still have the smooth ride in town

bump for suspension question...or should it be in the 00 civic forum?

Yes, it should be in the Civic forum or the suspension forum. And for future reference, don't butt in on other people's threads. Just start a new one.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was your thread, lol...

Last edited:
are you smoking crack? cause you said dont butt in on other peoples threads.... but this is his thread?..... next time, read a little more before you embarras yourself...

are you smoking crack? cause you said dont butt in on other peoples threads.... but this is his thread?..... next time, read a little more before you embarras yourself...

You're right, my mistake. No need to get nasty about it.

FYI, if you're going to chastise someone for saying stupid things and embarrassing themselves, it's probably best to try and spell "embarrass" correctly...

all is well.....my friend sold them to his ex for 20 bucks...freaking pissed me off. o well mayb another deal will come my way.

Back