B16 vs B18b swap....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

I have researched and researched on which swap to do....Basically, I im down to 2 options and wanted to know which one you guys think is better altogether..I also would like to hit about the 300hp mark.

1. I have a B18b motor and was just going to build it up, meaning sleeve it, put in JEpistons, rods etc and do a whole head job replacing all internals with a ferrea valve train...Then of course throwing on the turbo and thats it....

OR

2. Swapping a B16 motor( maybe the stroker motor) into my 94 teg and doing all the same things that I said from above so it can handle the boost...

Question is which motor is best and also which tranny should I use in my car...should i change over to a Type R or GSR tranny etc...If you guys have any better suggestions on swaps let me know...I want to do it right the 1st time...

thanks guys
orosco

Honestly, I'd go with the b18b, since you already have it.

Also, I'd go with a GSR tranny, because it has still pretty close gears, but wide-enough once you turbo, it will be very beneficial to not having to shift every 2 seconds, as a type R would.

Also, Invest in a good LSD for the transmission you purchase.

you need the b18b bottom end honda and torque dosnt mix.. honda=high rev=what we have not torque .

build the ls block. sleeve it up.
do some mild head work, and throw in some crower 402t cams with their valve train.

you now have an 8000 rpm turbo motor. give it proper fuel and management, and you will eaily make 350 whp

Back