b16 vs b18c1 into a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mishima_beef

Im not sure what engine to swap into my 1998 civic cx hatchback ... First i was thinking to go b18c1 but it is significantly more expensive... if i was planning to turbo my engine in the future which would be the better choice?

this is what i found at hmotorsonline.com

JDM B16A 92-00 (SiR-II) Complete Change Over
170 hp 113Trq 10.4 Compression (JDM)
$ 2350.00 Plus shipping and handling
^^^
this is the right engine? :blink:

30009 - B18C 94-00 (GSR) Complete Change Over
180Hp 126Trq 10.6 Compression (JDM)
170Hp 121Trq 10.1 Compression (USDM)
$ 3199.00 Plus shipping and handling

difference of around $850

how does each engine respond to FI? any guidelines or anything to follow with each engine?

Your car is not an EF (the forum states pre 1992 Civics) you want the 92-00 Civic forum.

:moved:

:hmm: dang i thought my civic chassis code was an EK and the forum is called HYBRID :: EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM/DC2 :: Civic and Teg Swap Talk ...

was i told wrong info? i was told at another forum that my chassis code is EK.... <_<

im sorry i didnt read under ...
1991 and older Civics and 93 and older Integras
--SWAP RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY.

my bad!
:doh:

GSR is hands down a better engine, but the b16 is certainly a good investment. It depends on your budget. The turbo setup for the engines is going to cost about the same, so basically its if you want to spend the 850$ more, go GSR. If you can't spare the 850, the b16 is certainly a good choice.

the thing is for that $850 its only a 10hp increase... and 13 ft-lbs...
wouldnt it be more beneficial to put that $850 towards parts??

it all depends on where you wanna go with your power, the b18c is alot better starting point then the b16a, pretty much your boltons will put out more of a hp increase

i want to really build a high revving gs-r motor revs to like 11k

would this work?

camshafts that maximize output lower on the power band
(4000-6000)

set the vtec to kick in at around 6500

and use REALLY aggressive cam lobes for vtec

11k and boost, and you are worried about $850 bucks? lol

you need to do some more reasearch on what it takes to rev to 11k, let alone 10k or 9k safely

:boom:

Back