B16 vs D16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfreez

I have been looking at puting a B16A into a CRX for some time now. I have read up on it but am getting conflicting info and am really confused after reading poorly written book by Aaron Bonk. Seems he was more intereted in showing how much useless trivia he knows across the board than telling you the practicality and results of different combos. After reading his book I thoight how much easyer it would be to just get a vette. But I really like the small hondas. 92-95 civic and the 88-91 CRX
I am very mechanically incline, have done a few ground ups on american rides, mostly 4X4s. I am in the middle of a Waste vegitable conversion on a WV pickup, but found a crap load of rust, so it is going to be my sons first car.

I know you can't tell how fast a car will be or the exact HP but I have an Idea of what I want, just not sure if its practical. CRX with about 225 HP.
I was thinking of maybe a B16A with a turbo. Not sure if it will fit, or could I just turbo a D16A and get close.
I would really appreciat mature help. Has anyone done this swap and is it possible to keep the A/C? Im too old to be riding around hot Georgia w/o air.
I understand I will need mounts, hoses etc. Would also consider buying one already done and just concentrate cusomizing to my taste.

+1 on the turbo A6.
You could have it built/blown(homemade snail setup/ work done by self) by the time the B16 is in and running with bolt-ons.

Back