b16 vs zc crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont' think i've ever bought an engine from a junkyard. probably never will. you can buy one from an importer for relatively cheap, or look on websites like Craigslist.

a d16z6 with i/h/e should be putting down about 115-120 to the wheels. but like i said, it depends on the dyno. if stock is 130 at the crank you can expect to lose 15-20%. so at the least amount of whp, you would have 104. if you get 10-15 hp out of i/h/e, you will be at 115-120hp respectively.

thanx for everyones input i'll just have to wait alittle bit to get my project going again. i'm sure i'll have more questions later on down the road,thanxs again bob

I got a 90 Crx Si...its a b16a1 swap..costed me about $1700 for complete swap everything but axles...Def. save the money and research for a good find then jump on it like a cougar...haha

Hi i have a zc ill sell runs good. burns no oil its sitting in my room all nice and clean ready to go with trans even axels if you want .I bought it for my crx and i have a turbo kit i bought for it to ill sell u all if u want or just the motor? what ever. around $750 for all or $350 for just the motor and trans let me no?
im in Ontario Canada

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN SELLING i would like a price shipped to north carolina 28792 on the motor trans and half shaft

Last edited:
the stock DOHC ZC will be a lot quicker than any stock SOHC D-series

I don't know about alot faster....I had an 88si with y8 I/H/E, my good friend had an 89 hf DOHC zc I/H/E and we ran dead on everytime. 9.68-9.72's. I put on a small turbo and he sold his car. Personally, I'd use the d16a6 with a cam and boost.

the stock DOHC ZC will be a lot quicker than any stock SOHC D-series
bull... look at the torque and horse ratings... the only thing different about the zc is it has a slightly higher red line and has two cams... the power rating is the same.

Hi i have a zc ill sell runs good. burns no oil its sitting in my room all nice and clean ready to go with trans even axels if you want .I bought it for my crx and i have a turbo kit i bought for it to ill sell u all if u want or just the motor? what ever. around $750 for all or $350 for just the motor and trans let me no?
im in Ontario Canada
CRX666 is the ZC and turbo kit still for sale? If so, would you ship it to me?
-bkraz

Back