B16 Wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fardoche

When going B16 Sir1 in 91 Si, should you keep the original Si harness and plug everything on the B16 i.e. alternator, sensors, injectors to Si harness plugs? Or just plug the big round connectors? I know you have to add wires but for the rest what is the best way? For example the wires going towards left hand side over the injectors to the injector resistor dont use the same plugs as the Si (B16 has more).
Thanks for any info,

Thanks for the reply, I got the motor 2 days ago but still tryin to figure out the ???, it`s kind of different now that I can see the differences between D16 and B16. :)
I just have a couple more questions :

1. This might sound weird, but where are the vtec solenoid and pressure switch? Probably close to distributor/valve cover on the end of the camshaft? What about the knock sensor and evap purge solenoid?

2. I also noticed some kind of sensor dangling under the intake manifold, when I looked I saw it connected to the block, close to the head, just under the intake port for cyl 2. When unscrewed it seems to only be a hole tapped into the block. What is this?

Thanks,

The vtec soleniod is right where you said, the evap should be on the backside top of the intake manifold, the knock is on the back side of the block. The other one, you'd have to take a pic and post it.

Back