b16 with 89 gas n now its knocking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatcher

i have put in some gas booster and it worked for a bit then knock again. how bad is this?? im just wait till cars runs empty to put in 91 gas. did i mess up the motor already???

Static compression for B16 runs in 10.2 to 10.5, did you put in 89 or 98 octane?? :blink:

BTW what kind of fuel booster are you using? (It may not be able to raise the level high enough)

i did on a half tank and it was still clicking. now i guess ill just wait till its empty, or what should i do???

Just keep putting in 91 octane whenever possible and put in a bottle of octane booster.

if your really concerned you can hook up a hose to your return fuel line, and drain it into a bucket or something. Just let the car idle. The fuel will drain the tank. Then you can put in fresh gas.

What are the grades of gasoline you have out there?

Here we have 92,95,98 & 100 octane. Compressn ratio >10 or >9 (cars with higher mileage) 98 recommended.

Perhaps you should take this opportunity to clean out your fuel tank of any fuel deposits, gums and varnishes left by deteriorated gasoline.

Originally posted by peanut@Oct 27 2003, 11:02 AM

Here we have 92,95,98 & 100 octane. Compressn ratio >10 or >9 (cars with higher mileage) 98 recommended.

Perhaps you should take this opportunity to clean out your fuel tank of any fuel deposits, gums and varnishes left by deteriorated gasoline.

:eek: here in orlando we have 87,89,91,93 and if you can find a sunoco they have 100 for like 3.99

Originally posted by peanut@Oct 27 2003, 04:02 PM

:eek: What do you live on a gas refinery and you an make what you want?? <_<

Standards around (most of) the US are usually 87, 89, 91, 93 and once I saw 95 near Indianapolis.

California has lower octane gas and is more expensive. As B would say, it's # 9830838338 Cali Sucks. :lol:

i just put in another can of booster in and its doing ok now. i live in cali and the highest gas is 91. for some reason, i can only put in 6.5 gallons of gas in my car. the tank dont look dented badly. y can that b??? shouldnt i b able to put more than 10 gallons in?

Back