b16 won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vipb16a

Ok so this is my first post everyone. Hello. Anyways here's the question. So I got my integra about a year ago and it has a b16 swapped into it and I've been driving it and it runs pretty decent. It has an aftermarket ecu that's chipped. Anyways, the back big motor mount is out and both torque mounts are out and I have more coming. I mention that because i am wondering if that's part of the problem. I was driving it today and as I was pulling into a parking spot it died. Well I didn't think much of it so I got out and left. About an hour and a half later I came back and it just cranks and cranks and cranks. I don't hear the fuel pump prime so I sprayed some starter fluid into the tb and nothing happen. I guess maybe it's not getting spark but It seems odd that it just randomly died. It's never really done that before. Car does run a tad rich and it is adjusted advanced all the way on the dizzy. But I was wondering if the knock sensor could be the issue. Since the car jumps around alot while driving. I guess I might be missing something obvious that's why I'm on here. Any help would be appreciated.

you're telling us you drove it without the front and rear torque mounts? then it could be a number of things, a broken wire or ground from all the free movement of the engine is all i can think of off the top of my head.

Update. For some reason yesterday it wouldn't start with starter fluid but today it did! So it's got fuel and spark. The fuel pump doesn't prime when I turn the ignition on like it normally does. I put a meter on the plug going into the fuel pump and it wasn't getting juice with the key turned on. So I thought maybe the main relay went out because I had it go out on another integra I had. But I got one today from the parts store. It looked a little different from stock but it plugged in just fine. Still nothing. So I'm wondering where to go next...

Got her running! It turns out it was a little fuse called the acg fuse. It's right inside the car next to the fuse puller. Exactly what that does I don't know for sure but it was broke. I replaced it and viola! I hope if anyone else runs into this random problem it can be fixed. I'm guessing this fuse must run at least some part of the fuel system?? Or maybe provides the main relay with power perhaps? Either way problem fixed. :)

Ok so I have another issue. Yesterday I got my torque mounts installed and it is super stiff! They are aftermarket solid bushing. But as I was leaving after getting them installed I went around a corner and bam. Engine died. Pulled into a driveway and checked the acg and it was blown. So I installed another fuse and it instantly blew once I turned the key to the on position. Well I messed around with it and called a buddy who came up and he said he had the same problem in his civic. So what he did was take the large black wire attached to the underhood dash panel that runs to the alternator and unhooked it. Reinstalled a fuse and viola! So from there I drove it to a gas station about a half mile up the road and parked it for the night. Next day I came with a friend and a multimeter and figured there must be a short in that wire running to the alt. Well me and a friend checked it as many times as we could and with the key on and off and with the car even running. No problems in the wiring. We could take that disconnected alt wire and touch it to the hook up and it would draw on the engine for a sec and then it would just idle regular. So we hooked it back up and the acg didn't blow. So we started giggling the wires running over to the alternator and couldn't make it blow the fuse. So I know the problem isn't solved but I don't know what to do next. I'm sure it's gonna happen again sometime. Anyone have this problem before??

Well I believe my problem is finally fixed. I've been having a problem occasionally with my check engine light popping up when I would accel hard and it was the ect sensor. Well I had changed it and we taped all the wires going to it and made sure it had a good connection. It turned it it was low on antifreeze... Well after feeling stupid I returned the sensor to the Store.

But I was still having an intermittent issue. Well I found someone that had an entire wiring harness out of an accord but it had the same sensor plug. It was it much better shape than mine which was dryrotted. After I installed this plug I have not had the cel come on nor have I had the acg blow. So I'm assuming that the plug/wiring was shorting somewhere causing the problem. So problem solved! I have found out that it's usually something simple that's wrong... I've known that plug was a little jacked up for some time but I didn't want to believe that it was the issue. Well guys always check the obvious! I am terrible at that. Anyways, I've started to ramble, peace.
parts store and didn't have problems for a while...

Well about a month ago it started coming on on occasion.

Back