1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by importpower99, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. importpower99

importpower99 Junior Member

i recently put a b16a in a 95 civic ex cpe.(obd1). What do i do about the radiator hoses i can't get any that fit on. The place i orderd the motor from said to use del sol, but they don't work. Also it is really sluggish in first gear under 3000 rpm. any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks

2. word

word Senior Member

you just have to get some dohc vtec (integra/si hoses). did you get the del so dohc vtec hoses?? that should fit right on.

did you replace the spark plugs, wires etc?

clutch slipping maybe? o2 sensors hooked up? more information's needed.

3. importpower99

Yes i tried the dohc v-tec hoses for the del sol, and they were wrong, i didn't go to the dealership to get them because i thought they were the same as autozone. Do you think they would be different? The spark plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor, were replaced. The clutch isn't that good i know that, do you think i that would be the problem?

4. DAMCOOLDAV

DAMCOOLDAV Member

Try getting some 99-00 civic SI radiator hoses, those should fit. Also, the reason your sluggish so low in the rpms is the o2 sensors. i read this on hondata, go check out there site and they can explain everything. Has something to do with having 2 o2 sensors instead of 1 now, the ecu is all fucked up, making it to rich and then not rich enough, back and forth per pair of cylinders. Now go to my thread and help me out with the vtec wires ;)

5. SolidDreamz

SolidDreamz Senior Member

were did get your b16a at and for how much?

6. importpower99

i got the motor off hmotors offline, 2400 for the ecu, shift linagae, wiring harness , half shafts, and for an extra 300 you can get a LSD in the trans

7. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.