(B16'a) 2nd Gen integra into --> Civic EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM_MUGEN21

Hey im new on thiss site an need some advice for some things. i got an integra Ls with a b16a with 80'000K and i want to do a swap into a eg civic si that im buying from my boss at work. here is a picture of my engine
imga0034sz7.jpg

now, theres one slight problem with the idle, once i start the car up it idles at about 1800 revs and when the engine warms up it goes down to about 1100 then a few minutes after it start to idle up and down, from 1100 rpms to 100.....and keeps reving up n down and theres a slight hissing noise under the engine when this ocuures. i think it has something to do with the vacumes im not sure. if some'one could plese help me out with that.
anyways, i need to know where i can get this swap done thats reliable and cheap. i live in burlington and im willing to get the swap done anywhere in hamilton,burlington,missisauga or hamilton. i heard of one place it hamilton that does the swap for $400.
the next thing is do i need to buy new B series engine mounts for the civic or can i take the onces from the integra? and what do i do about the Ecu? so if i can get some advice that'd me sweet.

thanks

ur knock sensor may be gone.my m8 had a similar prob in his sir integra the revs went up and dwn wen he was idle.

the knock sensor isnt gonna cause the idle to jump up and down.. ..

to check for leaks:
while the car is running, spray carb cleaner around the base of the intake manifold (where it connects to the head) .. and anything else attached to the manifold.. ie: vacuum lines, sensors, throttle body.. if the car sounds like its gonna die out you'll know where there is a leak .. where ever it was you sprayed and it started to die..

or one of your sensor attached to the manifold may be bad..

i was just talking to my m8 wit the teg der nd he sed it was the throttle position sensor and idle air control valve.

take of the IACV on the back of the manifold and clean the screen.. sometimes that'll get dirty and mess up the idle..

Alright thanks for the input, i thought it had something to do with the sensor(s) or vacume(s). i cleaned the screen off the back of the manifold but never got fixed.....i could most likely get this problem fixed from a local mechanic or a shop when i go get the swap done. which bring me to my next question :exclaim:

Does anyone know where there are Engine swap shops anywhere around hamilton, burlington missisauga or toronto. please let me know. thanks!

have you tried spraying carb cleaner around the manifold while the car was running.. dont take it to a shop for a simple fix..

I dont think i have carb cleaner:( lol,
ive noticed something else tho also, look at the picture of my engine and to the right side of the sway bar (its not visable in the pic) or just below that spot there is 2 small cylinder looking things and i have no clue what they are but they have extended pieces coming out with hoses attached to them, one end there is a missing hose and i think thats where i hear the hissing noise, and there is another hose that just doesent connect to anything. anyways if you guys can help me out with these things that be awasome
cheerzz

Back