1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a 2nd gen swap questions

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ksrcivic, Oct 20, 2002.

1. ksrcivic

ksrcivic Senior Member

new at this so i don't know what is right and wrong, i have a 95 civic ex stick 2 door, i got a 93 b16a 2nd gen sir II swap, what i need to know is if my engine wiring harness will work i was told by a local shop that my harness will plug right in all i would need to do is just extend some wires to make it all fit, other than that it shold just plug in and work, also I was told that my stock p28 ecu would drive the b16a with no problem, I already chipped the ecu to b16a spec, so what I would like to know is if the info i was given on the wiring harness and ecu is correct and if not what will i need to rewire/what ecu would i need, any help would be great.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if the ECU has already been modified your all set your harness will work fine

3. ksrcivic

ksrcivic Senior Member

thanks for the info, should I just go with a p30 ecu instead, because it has the knock sensor in it or should i just stick with my modified p28 and not use the knock sensor? If I go with the p30 will it plug right into my harness or will i have to modify it to work? thanks again for all your help.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if your using an aggressive fuel curve and good gas 93+ and get the thing tuned youll be fine... the knock sensor isnt important if you tune your engine and fuel properly.... i know a few people running B18C5s with the P28 and none of them have had issues

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i use the P28 on my B16(w skunk2/mugen program), stick with your P28, it can be reprogrammed to do anything(as you said, it has been reprogrammed), or you can use in conjunction with a hondata system down the road if you choose to do more fine tuning.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted