B16A ---> 91 Civic SI WTF!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

Ok. So my friend and I did a B16A swap into a 91 civic SI.

Runs fine.

We wired up the VTEC associated wires according to a schematic I found which was as follows:

A8 - VTEC solenoid
B5 - VTEC pressure switch
B19- Knock Sensor
C8 - 2nd O2 sensor

Now, we're getting the following codes:

7, 17, 21 and 22.

Is the wiring incorrect? What could possibly be the problem? Thanks in advance.
Please! :D

You changed 4 wires got 4 new codes... Looks like you either wired the plugs in REVERSE or the pins weren't seated all the way.

I'm actually doing that swap into my integra right now, but anyway. 2 things to check...........well for my car anyway, i was told i have to remove the wire in B19 already and put in the knock sensor like u did, but take the one that was in b19 and put it in C9, and the wire already in C9 leave disconnected. Also you may have your O2 sensors reversed, cuz there are 2, check out Hondata they tell you what you need to do about those o2 sensors.

We're using the PW0 ecu. Still can't figure out why it's doing this... :angry:

Is it possible that since I'm getting a VSS (17), (coincedently the speedometer isn't working) could that be the reason that I'm getting the VTEC-related codes and VTEC isn't spooling?

:worthy:

the vss could be your problem the computer has to have a speed signal of 20mph before it engages vtec

Back