1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a as direct swap into crx?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b.18tuner5875, Jun 11, 2008.

1. b.18tuner5875

b.18tuner5875 New Member

hi everyone im new to this forum i tried to use the search but found nothing but here is my question. i have a 91 crx si, or soon to have, and i noticed the markets outside the us recieved a b16 sir motor and we here were stuck with a d16, so i was wondering if that b16 would be a near direct swap, or would i need other things along with it? thanks for your help

2. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

no it's not a direct swap. with your OBD0 b16 (years 89-91) you'd need the complete engine, trans and ecu along with all the assorted accessories that go with the b16, as your D items will not work. then you need motor mounts as no stock ones will work, shift linkage because yours is too short and has the wrong size trans mount, different radiator hoses and you'll need to change a few wires, or purchase a subharness from any of the reputable dealers such as hasport, rywire or monotech. you'll need different cv halfshafts and you'll need to hammer down the rear xmember lip, hammer down (or completely remove) the front mount bracket on the front xmember, and hammer a dent in the driver side wheel well right below the shock tower.

all of this is easier than it sounds, just do a quick google and you'll have multiple answers to these problems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted