B16A => B18C5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VtecedEG

Hi, I have a 92 EG Civic Si from Australia. The car originally came with a d16a8 twin cam non vtec 1.6 engine which i took out and swapped in a b16a from a 94 JDM EG6 SiR. I chanegd EVERYTHING from the EG6 frontcut into my civic, including the loom, computer, engine, gearbox, gear linkages, radiator.. basically everything. The car now runs fine with the 170ps B16a but i am considering changing a 1.8litre DC2 Type R engine.

I am curious, i am able to get my p30 b16a ECU rechipped with an aftermarket b18c5 Type R program. If this is the case what do i need to do the swap? Is it as simple as merely changing just the Engine and Gearbox? Do I need to change engine mounts? radiator? etc etc?

Also what is the difference between a B18C5 and a B18C7? Are there any other models for the Integra DC2 Type R engines?

Any suggestions or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by VtecedEG@Oct 23 2003, 02:18 PM
Hi, I have a 92 EG Civic Si from Australia. The car originally came with a d16a8 twin cam non vtec 1.6 engine which i took out and swapped in a b16a from a 94 JDM EG6 SiR. I chanegd EVERYTHING from the EG6 frontcut into my civic, including the loom, computer, engine, gearbox, gear linkages, radiator.. basically everything. The car now runs fine with the 170ps B16a but i am considering changing a 1.8litre DC2 Type R engine.

I am curious, i am able to get my p30 b16a ECU rechipped with an aftermarket b18c5 Type R program. If this is the case what do i need to do the swap? Is it as simple as merely changing just the Engine and Gearbox? Do I need to change engine mounts? radiator? etc etc?

Also what is the difference between a B18C5 and a B18C7? Are there any other models for the Integra DC2 Type R engines?

Any suggestions or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

You can get a P28, or your P30 chipped to riun the ITR just fine. You cn just pull the B16 and put the ITR in using the ITR's harness, it will plug right in and you will have a few wires to deal with, but nothing big.

As far as the dif. between the B18C5 and B18C7, nothing, we have the B18C6 in the Europeon ITR's, they're the same just stamped different for the region.

ok thanks heaps for your help, so basically i can get a b18c5 (or b18c7 for that matter) and drop it rite in using the same engine mounts i have for the b16a. And for that matter i can keep the p30 ECU and rechip it with an aftermarket b18c program. So essentially its hassle free other than a few wires under the bonnet?

thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

thats right .... if you already have the B16 in and running correctly then you are all set just swap the engine/tranny/harness to the type R shit

yep the b16a has been running in the car for few months with no trouble at all, thanks heaps for your help. one last question, what kind of wires will i have to deal with?

it will plug right in and you will have a few wires to deal with, but nothing big.

cheers.

I couldn't find the thread I was looking for that explains exactly, so I am not exactly sure. It's on Honda-tech, but I can't find it.

if the harness for the ITR engine is the same style as the engine thats in there now (RHD im guessing) then all you should have to do is plug it in as far as i know :unsure: :hmm: :shrug2:

I was thinking I read something about a crank angle sensor, and a couple other small things,

so, the obd2 engine harness will plug straight up to the obd1 interior harness???? i little confused! for another example, let say u have obd1 b16 and swap an obd2 b18c in, all u need to do is swap the engine harness which is obd2,(what about the distrubuter and ecu) totally confused????

Back