B16A - B20A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00za

hey ppl

i have 2 motors a B20A DOHC non-vtec and a B16A
i was wondering if it is posible to put the head of the b16a on the b20a block

ya it is. Same as LS/VTEC... its called CR-VTEC, and it will make your car really really fast, speaking from personal experience.

:thumbsup:

yes it will improve torque and hp but it will be some what of a bitch on reliabuility. u will need to modify the b20 block with a custom vtec oil line etc....but yes, it is a pretty phat swap if u do it right....good luck man
john

ya it is. Same as LS/VTEC... its called CR-VTEC, and it will make your car really really fast, speaking from personal experience.

yes it will improve torque and hp but it will be some what of a bitch on reliabuility. u will need to modify the b20 block with a custom vtec oil line etc....but yes, it is a pretty phat swap if u do it right....good luck man
john

you are BOTH wrong. you cannot put a vtec head on a b20a block. that block came out of the older preludes and is not compatible with the other b series engines. run far far away from that engine. if you are serious about making a crvtec conversion, get rid of the b20a and get a b20z or b20b.

Originally posted by xtremehondaex@Jan 16 2004, 07:47 AM

:thumbsup:

personla experience huh? I Smell Bull shit.....

it seem u dont know anything about honda

b20A is off the older prelude from 89-91 not from CRV.
U CAN NOT SWAP the head over.

just because it is a B series block and MOST B series engine interchange parts BeSide the B20A.

get rid of the B20a and get and LS or B20b/z if u want to go LS/Vtec

Ludespeed.com used to do the conversion, but it cost alot of $$ because of all the machine work that went into it. I think they stoped doing it because they power gains from it were not worth the cost and work. Anything is possable with enough $$

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back