B16A BOGGS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sup peeps, just put a sir-2 in a 95 ex and went to fire it up and it started right up
when you give it gas it boggs like it wants to die. If you manual turn the throttle slowly it will rev up but start banging out at about 4 to 5k-not all the time though
it does have a cel but I have not run codes. Does this sound like a tps? I heard it was common for these to be damaged during shipping. ANy input would be helpful.
if it is the tps will the one off the d-series fit the b-series t-body? let me know.

sounds like its getting too much fuel...did you hook up all your vacum lines correctly?check for leaks,check your timing,check your ground connections..get a tune-up

hey i have the same exact setup as you on the same exact car...i figured it out today and its my distributor...your tps would not do that..i am using my d-series tps on my b and it works perfect...all i need now is the right distributor because this one went bad

yeah your distributor can cause it,,,i tested this out without another by testing the coil...the coil was giving me spark on initial crank but no more spark...i tested the coil on my friends d16 and it worked fine...i used his on mine and the coil would do the same thing...so the coil was not the problem...it was the distributor...hope this helps

check your cel before you spend 400 dollars on a distributor. to figure out if it is the tps just unplug it. start it, let it idle for 30 seconds then just try driving it. if it still bogs then it is not the tps. Check the timiing, that can become lose in shipping and when you start it it may jump a notch. with the distributor, check the cap and rotor, the plug wires and plugs. do a general overview and tune up.

Darin

When I recieved the motor I changed the timing belt and water pump. after I put the belt on I turned the crank 360 degrees and all marks lined up. I will check the cap and rotor. Could you explain the process of checking codes with a jumper
wire I read it in the articles but couldn't understand.

Catalytic converter is clogged. try running straigh header to see if it solves the problem. I am 85% sure thats what it is. try it, if not, then you didnt waste money trying to buy another part.

1 lift the car
2 dissasemble the hedaer from the exaust
3 start the car, and see if it bogs

if so

4 replace the cat

well I figured it out I switched the connector for the tps and map. runs great
so food for thought(label connectors)lol peace

Back