1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a boost

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by lilj06, Jan 31, 2008.

1. lilj06

lilj06 New Member

I am somewhat new to the whole turbo thing, I have a b16a with the following upgrades done to it

8.5:1 pistons
    eagle connecting rods
    aftermarket head
    skunk2 stage 2 cams
    skunk2 cam gears
    edelbrock intake manifold
    stage 4 clutch
    cusco flywheel
    greddy exhaust
    edelbrock victor x turbo kit

How much boost can I SAFELY run on this setup??? what kind of ecu should i get, im leaning towards hondata s300

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Not sure if this car is obd1 or obd2, but if its obd2, convert it to obd1 and use crome or something similar. Cheap, and produces great results.

As for how much this setup can handle, id put it into HP not boost/psi.

Different size turbo's produce different power levels at different PSI levels.

I'd say probably somewhere around 350-400 whp with a good tune.

3. Marky Mark

Marky Mark New Member

thats pretty low compression... id have to go with matt on this one though... hp not psi.... but it def should handle 350 to 400... as for ecu... go to your local tuner and find out what he uses... if you get hondata and all he tunes with is crome.. your screwed

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

+1 on what Marky Mark said. You'll need someone to tune that beast for ya. Most tuners will know CROME, Neptune, or Turboedit. Those are all very cheap if not free programs.

Do NOT take the short route and tune with an AFC or other piggyback system. They only modify the stock fuel maps, and are unable to alter timing and make other key changes.
    Start here:
    tunewithcrome.com
    and
    xenocron.com
    and
    pgmfi.org

All great websites.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted