B16A Build, Whats next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yurik

well guys, ive got a b16a with magnaflow exhaust, headers, MSD ignition, skunk2 intake, skunk2 throttle body, and a cold air intake, what is next to do? im kind of in a stumbling block

my future plans consist of a turbo setup, but that wont be happening until late summer being im making all of my own piping, thus any parts i would purchase i would like to be able to use with my turbo to help make more power

i was thinking about going with some skunk2 stage 2 cams, retainers, and springs, but that is going to cost a ton, ive also considered a flywheel but i have heard its a bad idea on a turbo motor, thus i am in the situation i am in

i have also considered doing a mild port job

i was thinking about converting to OBD1 being im 0 right now, this way i could run hondata, but im just lost, please help :confused:

let me refrase, header lol

i actually have a B18 at our shop, ill pull the cams out of it, sounds like a good idea to me :), i talked to my buddy who builds race cars today, he said once i get the stuff i need to create my turbo kit he will help me fab up all the tubing, so im good to go on that end, which makes me happy, ima start buying parts now

turbo: t3/t04e or t3/t4 .6~.7 A/R ratio both sides
intercooler: greddy/xs engineering/johnnyracecar
BOV: knock off greddy until i get money for better
management: Crome
injectors: dsm 450
manifold: cc-fab/eribunicrx
wastegate: internal if new/external if old

what do you think about a OBX manifold?

i think i will start putting this kit together, i will make sure to clear all of my parts by you guys before i purchase them, i think i will go ahead and get the intercooler and the manifold first, this way i can begin on fabbing up some tubing

Last edited:
you guys know of any piping kits where i can just fab up my own pipes, just cut and weld?

if not, what kind of metals should i be using?

id like to have it fully spooled by around 3300-4000 rpm, and be putting out around 300-350 hp by the end of my modifications

thanks for the help

Back