1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a Build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by JDMinteg91, Aug 31, 2011.

1. JDMinteg91

JDMinteg91 New Member

hey guys i have a B16a in my 91 integra i got it with some mods already installed such as
    Skunk 2 intake mani
    Skunk 2 adjustable cam gears
    Fuel rail
    DC headers

im planning on making it a NA build was thinking of build the head first then moving to the block but not sure on exzactly what part i should get and what would give me the most bang for my buck. Im posting this thread to take advice to which parts i shouldd get what and what would work best.

i was thinking i should first get new aftermarket cam shafts, valves, valve seals, and valve springs but im not an expert hoping to hear you opinion to which parts i should get for this build or if building the head first without building the block is a good idea.

Thans for your time

2. joker01

joker01 Member

should start work on ur block 1st

3. JDMinteg91

JDMinteg91 New Member

Why do you say that?

4. Dj211855

Dj211855 New Member

Slap a skunk two cams in there plus a good dyno time and be done with it. My .02

5. paddy

paddy New Member

I'd like to know too , or how to go NA and pull and hold a integra type R ,
    Or what would be the ultermid B-engine ? What engine ? Head ? Block ? Cams rods ? Bore it out to 2l? Ecu ? Mani folds ? To get the best.
    High reving performance and durability car for a life time :) that's my biggist question can anyone help me?

6. 93gsrhatch

93gsrhatch New Member

i drive a 93 eg with a b18c JDM GSR its a p72 head(gsr) and a b18c block(type R) but when you look for these motors its best to get the s80 lsd tranny it comes with a helical lsd and provides excellent traction...i have a buddy with the ITR in his EG and we stay door to door and he is on a tune.. i run I/H/E and a programable chip. IMO my car pulls harder than his does but its all in what suits your driving style and capibility... but i have raced 5.o fox body's and a z28 with my car and got them...its a high revvvvvver 2...i would go with s2 products for your valve train and cam shafts asthey arethe best imo...IM i like blox but thats just me..and for your ecu just match it with the car or get a programable chip and puts the right maps on it...i run a p06 non-vtec ecu that has been chipped and socketed and converted to vtec and i dont have any problems no cel's or anything. as long as you get your base maps right..... well gl with your build keep us posted

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted