1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a cbr 954 throttle bodies running w/ VAFCII & chipped ecu

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by tegboi, Oct 12, 2006.

1. tegboi

tegboi Junior Member

since the last thread which i bumped from '05 was closed

i wanted to run itb's, not necessarily for the point getting more power out of it, but to try it out and see what i can do with not much money & an open mind..

i ran cbr 954 throttles with a chopped up b16a manifold with silicone couplers & clamps, running obd-0 w/ a chipped pw0 & a vafcII running from a somewhat basemap from a friend's similar setup. all together, it ran, it had a cold idle, then warmed up to a 900 - 1100rpm (depending on electronics/headlights on), but needed alot of tuning still. i only had 1 day to tune it for my trip.

i didnt have a wideband to adjust fuel correctly, but have a basic air fuel gauge to "be in range" and i did notice the difference in intake air temps from day warm weather to night cool being cold in the car still driving weather. in a way i just wanted to see if i could do it, then if not, i had all tools & everything to replace it with the manifold on the go if something went wrong for my 400 mile trip to so-cal.

this car is a daily driver but im just having some fun with it. if i blow it, oh well, i'll build another b16a in my garage from old motors. make mistakes, learn, move on... yadda yadda yadda.

i will be getting a wideband soon, and will be going obd-1 w/ crome soon.

http://digitalhorizon-online.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/DSC_2477.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

..... and your question is???????

lol

3. tegboi

tegboi Junior Member

oh yea.. that'll be good eh? hahaha

anybody else running itb's?

4. formby

formby learning in progress

any more detailed pics of the IM or that area?

looks good

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted