b16a cbr 954 throttle bodies running w/ VAFCII & chipped ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegboi

since the last thread which i bumped from '05 was closed

i wanted to run itb's, not necessarily for the point getting more power out of it, but to try it out and see what i can do with not much money & an open mind..

i ran cbr 954 throttles with a chopped up b16a manifold with silicone couplers & clamps, running obd-0 w/ a chipped pw0 & a vafcII running from a somewhat basemap from a friend's similar setup. all together, it ran, it had a cold idle, then warmed up to a 900 - 1100rpm (depending on electronics/headlights on), but needed alot of tuning still. i only had 1 day to tune it for my trip.

i didnt have a wideband to adjust fuel correctly, but have a basic air fuel gauge to "be in range" and i did notice the difference in intake air temps from day warm weather to night cool being cold in the car still driving weather. in a way i just wanted to see if i could do it, then if not, i had all tools & everything to replace it with the manifold on the go if something went wrong for my 400 mile trip to so-cal.

this car is a daily driver but im just having some fun with it. if i blow it, oh well, i'll build another b16a in my garage from old motors. make mistakes, learn, move on... yadda yadda yadda.

i will be getting a wideband soon, and will be going obd-1 w/ crome soon.

http://digitalhorizon-online.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/DSC_2477.jpg
DSC_2477.jpg

any more detailed pics of the IM or that area?

looks good

Back