B16a Converted To B18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sooboss

Okay if you wanted a b18 vtec. and you buy a b16a with engine tranny everything you would get from a purchase that comes with everything except for the resistor box of course. could you just buy a b18 block and use the b16 vtec head. and of course while your at it spend a little more for internals.pistons rings bolts.. etc could you have a tourqer motor.. or a b20.. could this happen to any of these two blocks what would i need to do this. i have the b16a and well several of them.. so let me know..

what about the b16 block and the b18c head and then trubo it?like a drag 3 kit or greddy kit??????

i might do this 2 a 87 crx or a 92 civic hb what 1 do u think i should go with????

I hear so much as far as using the b16a vtec head.. its pretty close to the gsr.. so i'd stay with the b16a vtec head. no reason spending more for a head you already have

actually there was a post here a while back of a chart that flow tested a b16a head Vs. a gsr head and they were extremely close... i think the b16 head may have even been a little better at mid range... anyone got that pic?

i agree with DE DRAGON.........b16 head with b20 block and a ys1 tranny

Back