b16a crx question..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vcbaby

First question is about the O2 sensors. I know the b16 came with 2 sensors right at the front of the header, but the dc header im using only has one bung for one sensor, can I splice the two sensor wires together and just extend it to reach the hole in the dc header? Second is about the speedo cable. My motor came with an electronic speedo unit connnected to the tranny but the crx only has the cable for the speedo. I took the unit off the new motor and there is the hole in which the cable plugs into, but there is nowhere to hold it in place (the stock motor had the clip to hold it) any ideas? thanks in advance for any replies

You can either splice the O2 sensor or you can have another bung welded onto the header. About the speedo Cable, I just put mine in and it stayed, just put it in there and hope it stays :shrug2:

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Dec 22 2004, 06:40 AM
read this about the o2 sensors...

http://hondata.com/techo2problem.html
[post=435770]Quoted post[/post]​

the second sensor is just for ur ecu to check to make sure ur cat is working. figuring that u are putting a b16 in ur car u are obviously not stock. and probably dont have a cat (like most of us) so i cant see y ur car would need the second o2 sensor.

you could just put a resistor on it to give a reading of .5volts to fake the ecu into thinking there is a cat ..... but hey thats me

Ok, a straight copy from the thread.

"If you are fitting a 4-1 manifold to A MK2 VT/SiR you must do one of the following:

(1)
Have the oxygen sensors disabled in the ecu, this requires it to be reprogrammed of course. It does not affect the ability to run an independent sensor for a AFR gauge or whatever.

OR

(2)
Have your 4-1 manifold drilled and bosses welded on so each of the two original sensors sniffs its associated cylinder pair (or at least one of the pair in the case of 4-1).

OR

(3)
Convert to OBD-1 based management, this requires a suitable ECU, Distributor, 4 wire O2 Sensor and some rewiring along with reprogramming of the new ECU to reflect the calibration of your engine. This is all quite expensive.

(4)
Don't buy a 4-1 in the first place, get a 4-2-1 designed to go on the car.

NOTE:
Joining the two stock O2 signals together does not work!! Placing both stock O2 sensors in the collector of the 4-1 does not work also!! (both doing same thing effectivley). Not resolving this problem by one of the above methods creates a load of trouble."

Originally posted by matts91hatchls@Dec 22 2004, 05:07 PM
the second sensor is just for ur ecu to check to make sure ur cat is working.

If you have an OBD0 ECU then you will need 2 O2 sensors. Tell us what ECU you have before doing anything.

About the speedo cable, tehre is an article on Honda-Tech about swapping from cable speedo to electronic VSS speedo. It requires that you upgrade cluster to a newer one such as 99-00 Civic Si or Integra GSR/Type R. Go there and search "CRX Cluster" and you should find it.

go to the hasport site and they sell a header for that swap
and they show you were to place the O2 bungs 3-4

Back