b16a+DA=bein hella lame

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok my swap wont start i swap and b16a into an automatic 90 integra... vtec is not connected... can it still start? and will i put starting fluid into the intake it almost started? but then it didnt... any help please? i wanna get this beast on the streets

so it can start with out vtec? its cranking just wont stay started!!!and i checked my relays there good but theres only two grounds i know of... tranny and valve cover

Yes it can start without vtec.
Vtec doesent kick in untill like above 5000rpms.
Adjust your timing.
IS your ecu throwing any codes????
That little red light on it is a cel.

ok my swap wont start i swap and b16a into an automatic 90 integra... vtec is not connected... can it still start? and will i put starting fluid into the intake it almost started? but then it didnt... any help please? i wanna get this beast on the streets

It's not gonna be much of a beast with the Integra auto tranny in there.

no i swap it over to a jdm b16 5speed and my shit is built... and yes my vtec soinoid is grounded... my fuel pumps not turning on... i checked my main fuel relay and replaced it and all my fuses and grounds.... i have spark... its just no fuel to the fuel filter there is a relay above my fuse box that is clicking so im replaciing that now and gettin a test light for my fuel pump to see if my getting power to it.... any other ideas?

wow, a built b16? it's still not a beast, sorry. This is coming from someone who HAS a b16. It'll be fun, though. Define 'built' for me, please.

Which ECU are you using? It's cranking but not completely starting, or it starts and dies? If your fuel pump isn't turning on then I'd replace your fuel pump. Hell, I'd do that anyway.

I need to go do some recognisance work on my DA... brb.

its built and blue printed by a pro shop.. fordge pistons skunk2 intake manifold bored titiuiam retainers vavle springs... and other goodies....,but back to the prtoblem my fuel pump wasnt truning so i thought fuel pump.... nope i hooked a dierect power line to it and it turns on... and now i have no spark so im putting on my ls distubter to see if i can get spark... i replaced all relays and fuses checked all my grounds and plugs.... all good... im thinking my wiring under my dash is fucked... so im getting a new wiring harness today.... and ya i know its not gunna be a 10sec beast... but a fun car...if it ever runs

no dude i just like making ppl ill never will see in my life time think im cool just by naming ramdom crap i dont have.... im just trying to get this POS running and it looks like no one has a clue on what even to suggest....witch means no one has had this problem...witch means this might take a while haha

ecu came with the motor had it tested when forst got it.. and i tried switching to my pr4 and then back to pr3 no differance... its werid.... im tellin you this car doesnt make sence... i have no spark unless i simply just cant see it and ive tried like 4 differant main fuel relays and nothing... unless they are all bad which i cant find one besiodes a junk yard....anyone have a clue? cuz i sure dont

same shit happened to my car, i just wired it up direct with a switch. its been working fine for over a year, plus it makes you look like a pro ricer when you go flippin switches to start your car hahaha.

so did you just disconnect the wire from the plug at the relay and hook it up to a switch? and how do i tell if i messed my ecus up...isnt it suspose to blink when i turn the key on... and my cel never comes on at all.... and to blanco: dude i got the ecu throw in with the motor... and speedline racing said you have a mugen chip that vtec kicks in at 4300 and redline 10500 im not some super genis here where i can look at an ecu and know whats done it to...i wasnt gunna second guess the guy and say you lie! its a virgin so sorry to get your panties in a bunch man... let me guess it doesnt exiest right? like it matters... i rather have it run then care about a stock ecu.. and yes i changed it back and forth from the one that came on the motor and one the was on my ls that i know for a fact worked

If you're not getting spark, then you need to do some diagnostics on your ignition system.

/captain obvious

hmmm traded out about three ingitions no differance.... any good ideas?:confused: and an answer to my question? bad ecu maybe? how to test? no led no cel at all

put your ECU into a buddies car and see if he has the same prob.
Or you could test the voltages at the wires going from ECU to distributor.

took me about a week but it always something stupid with these problems!!! it was those four wires for my thermostat ground that ground my ecu..... they were just straight up cut...thanks for everyones help runs great!! time to go pass emissions... and do i only need one purge cut off vavle for my vaccum lines? cuz i have a hose that goes no where

check your fuses also i had a main relay go out in my da and when we were testing all the wires and the fuel pump we blew two fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back