B16a EM1 idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thecca

Hi, I recently bought a em1 with a b16 jdm swap in it.

When I cold start the car, it idles at 2k (anormal...)

After that, choke isn't coming off, I can roll it for 1 hour, motor will be hot, and it'll still idle at 2k...

BUT, when I turn off the car and turn it on again, idle is dropping at is normal rev.

I only have to turn the key to accesory position and return it to ON again, motor's idle will be okay..

What could that be? I got a O2 sensor problem, a EVAP control vaccumm problem and a Knock sensor that needs to be changed... But I don't think that could affect my idle?

Could it be a electronic problem? It revs at 2k until i turn off the motor and turn it on again... I tried to clean my idle air valve control...didn't do anything.

Thanks guys

Get the car to running temp......as its running....unplug the IACV electrical connector. If the idle goes down significantly...the IACV is good.....if it doesn't change the IACV may be bad.

Yeah I did it, car almost died.

I checked the vaccum and everything seems ok...

Next thing is the FITV I guess... Fast idle thermo valve...

It's really annoying because when the car is warm it's still reving up to 2k (anormal, cold start should be 1500rpm...) and the minute I turn off the car, it comes back to 800-900...

Take the air filter pipe off.....with car at running temp....make sure its nice and warm....put your finger over the bottom hole inside the throttle body (near the butterfly) and if it has suction, the FITV is open or leaking....if there is no suction....FITV should be good.

Well I would start by fixing the known problems you have, O2 sensor, Knock sensor can cause drive-ability problems and no VTEC. The EVAP wont unless it is causing a vacuum leak.

Hey... Just a suggestion... if you pull your throttle pedal up from the floor does it affect it?

I had a bad throttle cable it, was not returning all the way. it would idle high sometimes and sometimes not..

Back