B16a Engine Swap - Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d16z6delsol

Hello all! I have a 1993 Del Sol Si (D16z6) and I want to put a B16A (SiR-II) engine in it, specifically this one:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30002

Now, I am aware that the 94-97 Del Sols had the B16A option, but seeing my Del Sol is a 1993, are there any additions I will need to make to get this engine to work in the car? or any modifications to the existing engine bay/ accesories? How about the motor mounts, similar or completely different?

Basicly, I would like to know the steps needed to take to install a B16A in a Del Sol which has a D16z6.

Thanks everyone for your time, I really appreciate it!
Brandon

Should be a fairly straight forward swap,you can use your harness and the motor,tranny,axles,shiftlinkage and a combination of mounts from you delsol and the motor.Your car has vtec,so the oinly other wires you're going to have to worry about running is the knock sensor.

It is the same as any other B swap into a 5 gen Civic. You'll need The VTEC Sol Shift linkage and a/c mount if you have A/C. If you use a chipped P28( you already have the ECU get it chipped) you don't even need to worry about the knock sensor.

if he ran a p30 ecu would you have to change any of the wires where it plugs in to the ecu?? then just plug the knock sensor lead in to um, is it d3? cant remember, ne ways.thanks

No changing,just running the knock (if the motor has one).P30 and P28 have the same pinouts.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 12 2003, 09:22 PM
No changing,just running the knock (if the motor has one).P30 and P28 have the same pinouts.

as long as it's the OBDI P30 ECU.

hey, guys, i'm new to this site and the b16a engine swap. i read above that you may possibly be able to use your D16z6 motor and tranny mounts on your b16a swap? is this correct? also, does the fuel pump need to be replaced with a b series fuel pump? any help is greatly appreciated

Back