B16A Engine Swap???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gomezkun

Yay for DOHC VTEC ^_^
:ph34r: Hey, new to the boards here.

My name is Daniel Gomez and I just recently started to study about automotive mechanics to become a mechanic (technician if I can make it into Honda..)

Anyways, I got a car that has about 135,000 miles on it. I am thinking of doing an engine swap with a B16A engine (which would be a great jump in HP). The thing is though, did they make one for Automatic transmissions?

If not, where could I Find info on converting auto to manual tranny's?

-GomezKun

well.. first off, what car do you drive/>?

second, i am sure you caould use an automatic teg trans, but it will also require the auto ECU, which may be harder to find for a VTEC motor than for a non-VTEC dual cam

Daniel,
I did this swap a while back and absolutely love it.
assuming you drive an auto right now, I would say to either sell that car and buy one that is manual allready or else I would read up on doing the auto to manual conversion because it would really be a great waste to have such a great engine and not be able to utilize all of it's power

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Nov 5 2003, 05:20 PM
well.. first off, what car do you drive/>?

second, i am sure you caould use an automatic teg trans, but it will also require the auto ECU, which may be harder to find for a VTEC motor than for a non-VTEC dual cam

I drive a 91 Honda Civic Dx - 4 Door.

Odd car to want to work on, yes, but it's my first car ever (that, and I had to work at a cannery the whole summer to be able to get it !_!).

Originally posted by seanjuan@Nov 5 2003, 05:25 PM
Daniel,
I did this swap a while back and absolutely love it.
assuming you drive an auto right now, I would say to either sell that car and buy one that is manual allready or else I would read up on doing the auto to manual conversion because it would really be a great waste to have such a great engine and not be able to utilize all of it's power

Thnx for the input - this is gonna be a harder task than I had imagined ^_^

Whats a college guy to do when the most cash he can get comes from flipping burgers at a god damn McDonalds ^_^

you can always change your car to manual.At least its a cabletranny chassis so it shouldnt be hard to source the parts needed.I can get auto pr3 vtec ecus if you really want or need one.

Originally posted by spedphreks@Nov 6 2003, 09:37 AM
you can always change your car to manual.At least its a cabletranny chassis so it shouldnt be hard to source the parts needed.I can get auto pr3 vtec ecus if you really want or need one.

Thats true. But like I had said, I am limited on funds...so ya ^^;;

Someone suggested something for me, and I will post it in another entry here very soon - though I am still open to many suggestions ^_^

Back