B16a Gen 2 Nitrous Build????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16a Gen 2 Nitrous HELP AND TIPS PLEASE

I have a 92 eg civic with a B16a gen 2 engine in it. I want to go with a 75 shot of wet nitrous.

>what internals do I need?(cams, pistons, rods ...)

>how do i tune my car for nitrous? (if internals are not needed)

>I don't want any chance of blowing my engine, so how long would hold down the NOS button and what gear should I push it? (had a friend do it off the line in an Accord v6 for a while until he blew his engine)

Sorry for all the questions but i'm new at this.

Thank You

Last edited:
No internals needed with proper tuning

No need to lower compression for nitrous

"Stage 1" and "Stage 2" internals mean absolutely nothing

Internals can add a LOT of power, depending on how crazy you want to get.

Ok so if I don't get internals will that subject my car to a blown engine? I heard that I should get piston rods because that would be the first thing to break. What do you mean by TUNING?

Oh wow.

By TUNING I mean adjusting your fuel/timing to account for the nitrous, and I mean tuning with a wideband sensor and a dyno. If you don't TUNE your engine, you ARE going to blow it up. You need some kind of engine management to account for any serious engin emodification.

You DON'T need new pistons and rods to run a 75hp wet shot on a B16. Just good tuning, that's all.

Cool, sorry i'm learning this for the first time. I was always told to go with some internals if you use nitrous, it makes sence to me. Thank You a LOT :)

>What engine management do you recomend?

thats the wrong link. thats if you need to convert a -91 civic to what you have....but look in the forums for obd1 tuning and read up

Back