b16a going slower, please HELLLPP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

curacaosir

Hi guys,

ok this is my problem: I have a 1994 EG6 sir2 with a b16a. Mods: CAI
The first time we (me and my buddy) went to the dragstrip with the car it put down the best ET of 16.02, the second time (one month later) we went it put down 16.20 best ET. A mechanic said to us it is supposed to go in high -to mid- 15, and told us that the clutch was the problem. Recently we replaced the wornout clutch/pressure plate with an exedy stage one. Everything looked to be ok while running on the streets, spinning it tires in 1st and second gear like easily. But when we went to the strip last saturday its best ET was 16.60. we were running street tires at 20psi and launching between 5000-6000. Some fellow racers said it the timing but before removing the distributor we marked it, to put it back precisly where it used to be. Our Vtec worked fine!

WHAT COULD BE OUR PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!

Curacao siR2

Buy a timing light and set the ignition the correct way. Are you getting any CEL's? Why don't you compression test the motor and make sure its healthy.

Ok, we will check the timing. Some guys say to us that when they race, they turn the distributor fully to retard the timing. what do u know about that.
btw sorry 4 the 3 posts!

Ok, we will check the timing. Some guys say to us that when they race, they turn the distributor fully to retard the timing. what do u know about that.
btw sorry 4 the 3 posts!

thats one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. Retarding the timing will only reduce power. Run stock timing for best results. Advancing a degree or 2 can help.

Any worn plugs or dizzy? Maybe your not getting the fully spark. Mine is running like shit right now cause of the dizzy.

Back