1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a Half Shaft Questions

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 34diesel34, Nov 25, 2009.

1. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

I have the 2nd gen B16a SIR2 engine with a hydro tranny converted to cable. I just found out that the half shaft from a 90 integra will not work:mad::mad::mad:. The half shaft will not go all the way into the tranny. It sticks out about a 1/4 of an inch. Now I need another half shaft, and more axles because I already bought axles that go with the 90 integra half shaft:mad::mad: Has anyone else run into this problem or have answers to it?

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you need to use 94 and up Integra intermediate shaft (SR3) and 94 and up Integra driver's side axle

3. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

Thanks for your help. It's sad that people sell you parts that dont work. They specificly said the half shaft I have will work with all B series motors but obviously not. Even more F**ked up I just bought brand new axles for this half shaft. Now I have to buy more axles.

4. ZCpowerdSI

ZCpowerdSI New Member

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

The passenger side will still work. You just need the driver side. I got the intermediate shaft you need. $75 shipped to your door. It came off a running 95 GSR.

6. mrjoe

mrjoe New Member

try a 89 teg axles.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted