B16a Has No Torque

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, i didn't read this whole thread (it's too damn long with too many off topic posts), so don't flame me if this has been said before in this thread. a b16 is a great swap for a crx or 4g civic as has been said many times, it is actually the only cars that i like the swap in. one reason is weight.. a crx weighs what? like 2,000 lbs., i think that 111 lb/ft of torque coupled with a 8.2k redline will pull it along quite well... strap another 500 or so lbs. on that it the results may not be so great. the other reason i like that swap is because of the obd compliance. it's the only vtec swap avaliable from that obd, therefore it cuts down on wiring, dificulty and price. i would take a stock b16a SiR over a stock b18a anyday. the slight torque advantage is not enough to compensate for the lack of high revs in my oponion. only thing that puts the ls above the b16 is when you boost 'em, which a totally different argument. my vote: b16a SiR.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Feb 9 2003, 06:54 AM
...they teach us that in school man, come on...its so easy....I learned that in like 5th grd!

Hmmmm...simple algebra...5th grade...riiiight.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 9 2003, 03:48 AM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Feb 9 2003, 06:54 AM
...they teach us that in school man, come on...its so easy....I learned that in like 5th grd!

I took Algebra in 5th grade, but i was homeschooled. I have talked to him on AOL and is in pre-cal and only a sophmore. I know some sophmores who were in trig-cal the same yr, but still. He could have learned it then.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 9 2003, 09:53 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 9 2003, 03:48 AM
Slammed89Integra
@Feb 9 2003, 06:54 AM

I took Algebra in 5th grade, but i was homeschooled. I have talked to him on AOL and is in pre-cal and only a sophmore. I know some sophmores who were in trig-cal the same yr, but still. He could have learned it then.

I know that you can,I was just saying that it isn't usaul and he sounded sarcastic anyway :D

My car has no torque. A soon as i get my GF in my car, ( and she only weighs like 90 lbs.) My car gets slower than shit. and doesn't go anywhere. It sucks. I hate my Z6. I could only wish i had a b16 right now. i would keep it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 9 2003, 12:51 AM-->
pills_PMD
@Feb 5 2003, 05:46 PM
i'm suprised no one has made the point that torque = hp*rpm/5252

and tom$uisumd or whatever...

a b18 has like 11 more ft lbs of torque than my "torqueless b16" so before anyone bashes a b16, i would love to give them a ride in my car.

actually, you converted it.

the REAL formula is hp = (torque*rpm)/5250

an engine produces torque- torque is the physical twisting force produced by a motor. hp is jsut a derrivative of it based on rpms.

lol come on now.. cut me some slack.. obviously a typ-0

Originally posted by SamDimas2251985@Feb 2 2003, 07:01 PM
i want to swap a b16a into a 91 CRX but it only has 111 ft/lbs of torque...is it a good idea or should i choose another motor?

i think you should go with a 93 LS engine

hey i know a integra that is fully built and it runs 12.37 i dont know speed i will find out. it might have madd shit for show but it has a nice time. then on other hand there is a civic type R from the same shop as the integra which is estimated to run over 650 hp (hasnt been turned over yet) and it is estimated to run 10.80's i guess well see. this was just because a few ppl said you cant run a constant 12 second in the 1/4 with turbo well this guy is running faster

www.baszracing.com
go to team
then tim on the turbo side of the list

for the integra go to derrik on the same side for turbo :werd:

Just for the sake of ending this on-going post let me say this:
-B16A1/2 is a great engine in certain cars(CRX, 4g Civic, some 5g Civic). It doesn't produce a whole lot of torque by some peoples standards but it does produce enough to get those certain cars moving. it can be a fun little engine around town or at the races. Personally I'm not a big fan of the B16 but it has a lot of potential. (my entire posting regarding the B16 is thrown out if you consider the CTR)
-B18A/B is a torque little sucker at low revs but doesn't make the power at high revs in N/A form but it's been proven that by adding a little forced induction it'll go a long ways. This engine has potential that a lot of people don't recognize but it's potential is limited due to the lack of Vtec.
-B18C1/5 is looked upon as the big brother of the B-series family. What more could you ask for straight out of the box. It has torque, it has power, but it doesn't make milk shakes, what's up with that? I personally believe that is the motor to get if you have the money because the sky is the limit with this series.
-H22 is the big poppa of the Honda motors(in my opinion). It has tons of torque and hp. It's the perfect motor for driving around town or going to the races. In stock trim it will whoop on the majority of other Honda powered cars out there, you might even want to step up and whoop on a few V6 cars too. The biggest draw back to this motor is the weight. Due to the heavy load, you can't go corner carving with this motor in your civic. Even though it weighs a lot this is the motor that is going into my 5g Civic in 1.5 months.

I sure hope this covers all the aspects and makes everyone happy. Remember that this is all my opinion and you may not agree with it but be considerate. :(

Originally posted by B16@Feb 5 2003, 03:12 PM

:werd: my car moves pretty foookin good, i'm more than happy with it. some people dont like having their peak power at such a high rpm, but me personally, i love it, i love hearing my motor hit 8,500 rpm

:withstupid: he took me for a ride... i was impressed, it was kewl B) . and shocked that it was coming out of a b16

was that before or after the deer?

j/p bro, damn, i've knocked on you for that like 8 times this week haah

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2003, 11:34 PM
was that before or after the deer?

j/p bro, damn, i've knocked on you for that like 8 times this week haah

:moon:

Back