b16a in 91civic si axel help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jason22ga

jason91si
hi i went yesterday and and bought integra axels for my swap im putting a b16a in my 91 civic si just wondering do i need the intermediate shaft from a integra to?any help would be appreciated

yes, you need Integra intermediate shaft - 90-93 if you have 90-93 axles or 94 and up if you have 94 and up axles - if you use 94 and up shaft, you will need a different seal where the shaft goes into the transmission

I have the same setup and my axles are off a 93 acura integra with the 93 mid-shaft. the axles won't fit into the wheel bearings of the 91 civic. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

While on this topic. I am using a 94' hydro trans with the 94 intermediate shaft. What axels do I need to use to swap this in my 90' CRX?

I have the same setup and my axles are off a 93 acura integra with the 93 mid-shaft. the axles won't fit into the wheel bearings of the 91 civic. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

What model is it cause if it is an hf then you will need to swap out the hubs, if not then you need to pry the dust ring on the innerside of the hub.

The Civic is STD so i would say that it is the hf model. Can I assume that swapping out the hubs is not an easy task? What car would the hubs come from? Can I buy the hubs from an Advanced Auto parts or would a Honda dealership be better?

yeah thats the same you do need to swap the hubs. you can either get them from a the 4 door ex which has full disc brakes all aroud which would probably be your best bet but you could just swap the front for now, you could also use 91 integra hubs but then you would have to you 14 inch wheels or bigger...and about where to get them i would go to a junk yard and get everthing...but if you want to spen the money go to the honda dealership and get the 91 4 door ex...that woulld be your best bet but remember i think you have to swap out the brakes and all...

I'm Watching, On Ebay,
A Pair Of 92 Integra Ls Complete Knuckle Spindles!

Will The Brake Hoses Placement Be Around The Same Or Will Other Modifications Be Required With This Swap?

I am really not to sure you might have to replace the caliper along with the hubs or maybe not if you use your rotor..u might want to ask some else about that..

I recently found out that I don't have to replace the calipers because the 92 integra ls calipers are in the same position as the 91 civic dx.

Thanks for your insite but I'm still not sure whether I should buy the knuckles to fit the axles. What do you think? Also, I figured that since the the B16a is heavier than the d15, I bought a Skunk2 coilover kit and traction bar. Hopefully this will accomodate more room in the engine bay as well as provide adequate suspension for the new engine.

What i would do is go around to some junk yards and see if you can find the ex 4door and get all the hubs, but they are pretty rare around here i have only found a few in the junk yards..but since you got the integra hubs ready to buy...i guess i would get those you would only need to get rotors. but if you are riding on stockies then you'll need some 14 inch stockies. but as for the suspension kit it wont give you more room but was a really good thing to get since your swapping out the stock motor.

go to a site like passwordjdm.com and you can purchase a jdm brake conversion from an ef8 siR model worked perfect for me just knock off the old knuckles and replaced with the jdm set. you will need to replace rotors. took 30 min. to complete. one problem i have run into is that all the junk yard parts in US are just that junk parts usually have 200,000 miles on them and replacement is required anyway. i found this to be a simple solution. this made my b series swap easy. also hasport has some strong axels that are direct bolt ons.

Back