B16a in 92 civic (OBD-1)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4drsleeper

Ok I just got a B16a SIR1 motor it came with all the mounts for a 92 civic and it come with the cable to hydro conversion, and it came with a ODB-1 harness. In theory I should just be able to put this motor in my car plug every thing up and buy a p30 ECU. What do you guys think, should I just sale this motor and save up for a little better newer SIR2 motor. I have read a lot of post on here and I have not heard anything good about the cable to hydro conversion. Well I was just trying to get the 1st post over with thanks for any help.

Originally posted by 4drsleeper@Jul 27 2005, 08:34 PM
BUMP one more time
[post=532143]Quoted post[/post]​

all you need is the cable to hydro conv. mount from hasport..No biggie...It shows you how to mount it....Was that the question? o well...

good luck!

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jul 28 2005, 01:37 AM-->
4drsleeper
@Jul 27 2005, 08:34 PM
BUMP one more time
[post=532143]Quoted post[/post]​

all you need is the cable to hydro conv. mount from hasport..No biggie...It shows you how to mount it....Was that the question? o well...

good luck!
[post=532147]Quoted post[/post]​

He already has the parts, he is asking opinions on whther or not he should keep it, or trade it in on a newer SIRII motor.

First thing, welcome, second thing, you don't have to bump you threads every few hours, some of us sleep, work, etc... when we get on a computer it will be gotten to.

If it is a working swap, there is no honest reason to switch, unless YOU want a newer motor. The conversion works fine if installed right, the motor is decent, so if you want to go through getting a new one, than do.

Back