B16A in CRX fuel issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lessthanchris1

Just put a B16A into a CRX. fits perfectly, cranks, but wont start. Have compression, spark, but no fuel. Checked injector voltage and injector resistor voltage. Does anyone have ANY suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
Chris

Check to see if your fuel pump is working. Turn the key, but not far enough to crank it and see if you can hear it whirring.

ha ahaha oops. im an idiot, i forgot to mention, the fuel pump works, we have fuel to the rail.. and i hooked up a test light to each injector and they all pulse on and off....
sorry for that :)
Anyone have any ideas??
Chris

do a search and you can find the voltage, I saw it a couple weeks ago, check to see if they have power (the injectors) the power should pulse, also make sure the map sensor is hooked up

Switched the old injectors back in today, they work fine.... errrr i can hear them click when starting the engine. engine however still wont start, now though, there is a fuel issue to be resolved... will post results... apparantly injectors on the b16a were not stock or are blown...
Chris

FIXED! and purrs like a very large kitten. Problems:
1. Injectors were the wrong type or blown - Substituted injectors from SiR motor
2. Not enough fuel in tank*, fuel air pressure was misread as fuel pressure

* owner of car assured me there was plenty of gas in the tank. apparantly not. hah ahaahahahah

Thanks for all the help guys!
-Chris from NJ

Back