1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a in rex, wierd partial throttle problem

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 5speed4life, Nov 10, 2005.

1. 5speed4life

5speed4life Senior Member

ok, i just picked up a b16 swapped 89 crx, runs great, idles fine, etc. It has a problem tho, and its kinda fishy.

According to the vafc, at about 10-15% throttle and around 1500 rpm, the engine cuts out. like it just ran out of gas or is running out of gas, untill i let off the throttle and get back on it.

Im thinking it may be a tps problem, but am unsure. Id like to get some input on this.

Thanks.

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i dont think its a tps problem. the only way i can see it being a tps problem is if the tps was uncalibrated and telling the ecu that you were at 0% when you were really slightly still on it. in case you didnt know, while driving, off the throttle 0%, over 1100-1300 (depending on obd) rpms, the injectors actually shut off. but if this was the case, i would think the vafc would be telling you that you were at 0%. if the vafc sees the correct number, the ecu must be too.

3. 5speed4life

5speed4life Senior Member

interesting, i didnt know that obdo shuts the injectors off.

The VAFC self calibrates to the tps. the ecu uses set voltage, i belive .5 volts at closed tb. the tps has phillips screws holding it on, so i think its been replaced. it may not be calibrated to oem voltage tho.

i'll check it tomarow, any other suggestions?

4. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

His point is, if the AFC is showing 15%, so is the ecu. Voltage is voltage. The TPS is not at fault.

I'd look into a coil/igniter issue if it was my car.

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

that actually sounds like a o2 sensor problem. make sure you are running both and not running both wires to 1 o2 or that the o2's are switched... read here...

http://hondata.com/techclosed.html

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted