b16a into 89-91 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integrab16a

im planning on putting a b16a that is in my 91 integra into a 89-91 si shell (havent bought it yet) and i was wondering how easy this swap acually is. i want to put an LS back into my integra and sell it for 2k for my engine. i have the entire swap (tranny shift linkage etc) because it is in my integra.

i have a book that shows me what to do and it doesnt look extremely difficult, but i was looking for some educated people to grade the difficulty (me never looking at a honda engine but swapping a toyota efi engine was just plug and go. wondetring if this is the same.

You have everything you need except mounts.You will need to cut your linkage and re-weld it.Its like 2 3/8" you need to remove.You will also need to wire VTEC.

You'll need some mounts (hasport, Avid, etc). You'll also need to bang out the drivers side engine wall near where the alternator will be. you'll also need to wire up VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch, and knock sensor.

Back